Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
We provide emergency assistance in disasters, work for long-term development in local communities and address the root causes
of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, business
and religious leaders.
Norwegian Church Aid is an ecumenical diaconal organisation for global justice.
We work to help the poorest and those in need, reg…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Norwegian Church Aid (‘NCA’) is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders. NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and had program Emergency WASH response in Cross-River state. NCA has its core competencies in Water Sanitation and Hygiene –WASH, Gender Based Violence with mainstreamed Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners to ensure their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them to have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
The Procurement Officer is a critical member of the operations team, working closely with the Senior Logistics Officer to ensure effective implementation and management of procurement systems while, ensuring full compliance to procurement policy across projects implemented by Norwegian Church Aid and Partners in Nigeria.
Specific objectives of mission (objectives, scope and deliverables)
Procurement Planning & Management
Documentation and Archiving
Compliance with Policies
Support and Collaboration
Roles and responsibilities (specific tasks, coordination etc…)
Objective 1: Procurement Planning and Management
- Coordinate procurement cycle which includes but not limited to; sourcing, negotiating, purchasing and liaising with wide variety of vendors/suppliers.
- Provide Support to the design, development and execution of the Annual/project-based Procurement Plans for all goods and services deemed necessary for the implementation of projects.
- Support the process of establishing and maintaining prequalified suppliers, in accordance with vendors pre-qualification and selection processes.
- Evaluate procurement performance using key performance indicators used to monitor procurement process.
- Updates, Manages and share accurate weekly Procurement tracking sheet with relevant staff.
- Support in conducting market surveys while, Maintaining document on market prices for frequent procurements.
- Drafting and management of framework agreements issued to vendors.
- In collaboration with the Senior Logistics Officer, plan quarterly refresher session for staff and Partners on procurement processes, requirements and established lead times.
Objective 2: Documentation and Archiving
- Provide accurate documentation of procurement processes for ease of retrieval and reference.
- Ensure completed procurement documents are archived chronologically in soft and hard copies.
- Update and maintain detailed Purchase Request register for all approved PRs.
- Safeguard procurement documents.
- Support the ongoing supply chain digitalization process.
Objective 3: Compliance with Policies
- Ensure that procurement processes are executed with the highest standards of business integrity and in compliance with NCA procurement policies and processes.
- Ensures proper use of waiver procedures for deviation of standard procurement procedure, flag non-compliance to procedures.
- Ensure RFQ and RFP are sent to vendors on NCA’s vendor data base except where approval is granted by PC for alternative sourcing.
- Sound understanding of approval matrix as it relates to procurement functions.
Objective 4: Support and Collaboration
- Collaborate with procurement committee and requesting teams to ensure procurements are timely attended to and proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement.
- Liaise with finance and other departments to ensure vendors payments are properly documented and processed in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues around procurement.
- Ensure transparent vendor engagements in line with NCA’s procurement guidelines and ensure that value for money is achieved in every procurement.
- Work closely with the Procurement Committee including assuming any position as may be appointed within the committee.
- Engage with project managers for the development and regular updating of procurement plans for each project.
- Maintain professional and cordial working relationship with vendors across service areas.
- Support in planning the bi-annual town hall meetings with vendors.
- Supervise Line Staff and orient new team members as necessary.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Supervisor.
Education, Experience & Competence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or relevant discipline of study.
- Professional accreditation certification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 3 years “hands-on” working experience in procurement systems preferably with an international NGO in the North East.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook) is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work independently while being a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Demonstrate high sense of responsibility and accountability.
- Demonstrate willingness to take on challenges and work toward continued process improvements to foster and implement an environment of efficiency.
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Norwegian Church Aid and amongst beneficiaries served by Norwegian Church Aid.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics within Norwegian Church Aid. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Norwegian Church Aid’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send an application letter and CV in a single document(saved in your name) to: Recruitment-Ng@nca.no
The position title should be indicated in the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application Deadline Monday 1st March 2021
Qualified Borno state indigenes are strongly encouraged to apply.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love