Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry with over 5,000 staff in its employment.
MUTUAL is stro…
Read more about this company
IT Network and Security Engineer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, hardware, peripherals and configurations.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP.
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving network and security related problems.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hotfixes and security configurations to the latest firmware releases.
- Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organizations data, systems and networks.
- Troubleshooting security and network problems.
- Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
- Ensuring that the organization’s data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
- Participating in the change management process.
- Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
- Identifying current and emerging technology issues including security trends, vulnerabilities and threats and keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Conducting proactive research to analyse security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies.
- Performing penetration tests to find any flaws.
Education and Training
- A degree in Computer, Engineering related qualification.
- Professional Qualification: Certifications such as CCNA (Routing & Switching), CCNA Security
- Cloud Security certification is an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a corporate environment.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure, hardware and Security including cloud security.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers and other security devices.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization:
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- LAN and WAN experience.
- Cloud Security experience.
- Candidates must reside in Lagos, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love