Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition.
We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countr…
Read more about this company
Finance and Admin Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Akwa Ibom , Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reports State Team Leads (with Dotted line reporting to Finance Coordinator)
The Finance and Admin Officer’s (FAO) job is to ensure smooth and accurate flow of financial and operational information. The FAO ensures effective implementation of project activities in the field location within the context of financial, contractual and operating systems. He/ she also manages the budget for the state field office/project, develops and implements Helen Keller financial policies and procedures, ensure compliance and works collaboratively with other Finance and projects technical staff to facilitate projects.
- The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
- Review activity requests and prepare bank vouchers for payments with valid and adequate supporting documents in place, ensure all transactions are coded in accordance with chart of accounts and project charge code(s)
- Review staff retirement documents, receipts and reports.
- Tracking program activity budget on real time and communicate variance appropriately
- Manage petty cash for State office expenses
- Preparation of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistics management in state.
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the Abuja office to assure smooth operations.
- Manage transport vendors and ensure accurate completion and submission of vehicle log on monthly basis for review
- Coordinate local vendors to obtain quotations, coordinate invoicing for procurement.
- Support various technical meetings/workshops with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding and organizing/filing).
- Coordinate receiving of procured items, organize for branding where necessary and ensure GRN and Service completion forms are signed.
- Ensure WHT is deducted from vendors’ payments and remitted accordingly.
- Provide logistics and travel support to staff during activities
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Implement financial and internal control policies and procedures
- Process payments to partners, consultants, and vendors with invoices after obtaining appropriate authorization and approvals
- Coordinate program event planning activities. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for large number of participants
- Ensure transactions are properly recorded and entered into Helen Keller Quick books
- Maintain financial files and records
- Maintain the assets register
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting. Postgraduate degree in related field and possession of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Minimum 4 years’ management experience
- Experience with USAID/DFID funded project
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”
- Ability to create and monitor budgets
- Understand the principles of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
HELEN KELLER INTL
DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us
Method of Application
Interested persons may send comprehensive resume with a cover letter as ONE MS Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title as the subject of the email. You will receive an auto response confirming your application. Note that applications will not be accepted after 5pm on Friday, February 5th 2021.
Note: There is no relocation allowance available for this position.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love