Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria builds on regional expertis…
Read more about this company
Community Security Volunteer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Focus on the continuous implementation of strategies and protocols that will ensure a high level of security/safety of HALG Staff, LIPs, CBOs, FSPs and programs in Lagos State.
- Give strategic support in carrying out security risk assessment (SRA) in Lagos based on contextual risk levels including the security/safety of HALG resources, community members, programs, proprietary information while ensuring compliance with HALG Security plans & policy.
- Give support to HALG Security officer in Community intelligence information sharing, Crisis Management & emergency response on any emergency security threats to HAL programs in Lagos.
- Will be the single point of Contact (SPOC) in the event of any unlawful arrest/detention or harassment by Nigeria security operatives in Lagos State involving HALG Staff, Community program participants & CBOs.
- Continuously liaise and provide support to HALG human right Officers any time the need arises.
- Provide timely & regular security/intelligent update to the State team Lead, Zonal program Officers.
- Provide support in terms of Community intelligence update, security communication, crisis management, Incident reporting/investigation and rescue operations
- Provide weekly security report to HALG Security Officer.
- Work and provide security coverage in all HALG Zones (Agege, Lagos Island, Ojo, Badagry & Ikorodu) in Lagos
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- HND/ Bachelor Degree in relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Knowledge of the country context related to public health, social services and HIV/AIDS.
- Familiarity with practices governing USAID, CDC, and/or other US Federal grant programs.
- Good understanding of the international development context and experience in the sector (NGO, direct bilateral, multilateral relationships).
- Ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Skills and knowledge in program sustainability and capacity building.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Energetic, independent, self-motivated personality.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environment
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love