Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Integrated Corporate Services Limited is a leading Outsourcing Services provider incorporated in August,1994. We offer a comprehensive range of outsourcing services ranging from Human Resource solutions to fleet management. We serve both small and medium sized enterprises as well as large corporate companies.
Our desire to consistently deliver value-added s…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Summary of Functions
- Responsible for maintaining day to day accounting, bank reconciliation, fixed asset register and administrative services in order to meet organizational and statutory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate, functional and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems that all relevant records are maintained.
- Codes invoices with accounting account numbers according to distribution in the general ledger
- Transactions posting. Determines dates for invoices to be paid and keys invoices into computerized accounts payable system. Tracks the approvals of transactions posted
- Process all petty cash, cash advances, purchase orders, claimable expenses and payroll income
- Monitors and ensure that approved transactions are posted into the various accounts within the specified period.
- On daily and weekly basis, reviews invoices scheduled for payment and special cheque request with line Manager, prints approved checks, prepare and routes for signature according to check signing authority.
- Attaches duplicate copy of checks to original invoices, stamps invoices “Paid” and files in permanent records.
- Receives and processes vendor invoices and internal check requests.
- Maintains open files for purchase orders, packing / receiving slips and matches to invoices.
- Review, proofread, and verify forms, invoices, requisitions, reimbursements and financial documents as necessary for accuracy in calculation and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Verifies invoices for quantity, unit pricing, extensions and applicable discounts.
- Assist with preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls and maintaining accounts payable.
- Assist in the preparation of annual accounts and project financial deliverables
- Processes account payable, receivable invoices and payments in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all payments through cash-flow and monthly bank reconciliation.
- Obtains approval from appropriate personnel for payment for miscellaneous invoices.
- Maintains alphabetical open invoice file for unpaid invoices.
- Prints, verifies and maintains accounts payable voucher reports, open / aging reports, disbursement reports, and journals.
- Creates a journal entry in cash management and reconciles the bank deposit to the accounts receivable sub-ledger
- Investigate differences with the bank statement and company’s journals and ledgers; and reconcile any discrepancies or inaccuracies.
- Process all journals for the reconciliations with bank statement. Make appropriate adjustments and reconciliation of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in the accounts ledger and cash management ledger
- Liaise with the bank on a daily basis to discuss the daily receipts in the bank statement and give advice on action required for different receipts.
- Ensures the reconciliation of monthly cash flow reports and statistical records / logs.
- Prepare financial management processes, particularly in relation to bank account transaction types into the ERP software in an accurate and timely manner.
Fixed Asset Register:
- Generate and update project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger.
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets and update upon acquisition of new assets.
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation terms / rates as it applies to capitalized items.
- Prepares property tax returns for review with the line manager
- Ensures proper documentation and maintenance of the sub-division’s file management system.
- Files papers and documents into appropriate sub-division files.
- Assist in the development and review of sub-divisional procedures, policies and objective.
- Monitors the sub-divisional inventory and coordinates the requisitioning of additional materials as required
- Prepares scheduled management account reports.
- Generate and review the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually reports and presentations.
- Provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support to all divisions / subdivisions.
- Safety and security – the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Hazard Identification – the individual must promote risk-based thinking and eliminate identified hazards throughout the organization
- Sub-divisional Reports- Review the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, exception, biannually and annually reports / presentations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Reports to the Manager, Finance and or Executive Sub-divisional Head, Finance. Works closely with other divisions / sub-divisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- A good university first degree is required; preferably in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years working as in an Accounting personnel capacity.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with people are essential.
- Knowledge of use of accounting software especially Tally is a must.
- Professional certification (ICAN, ACCA) is essential.
- Good organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain flexible attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Must possess working knowledge of regulatory bodies’ taxes and general business financial conditions.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Effective time management skills
- Good team spirit skills
- Microsoft Office Proficiency
- Quality Control – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
- Safety & Security – Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction for reconciliation and decision-making purposes.
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com with “Account Coordinator” as the subject of the email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love