Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
For 15 years we have been building and managing telecommunications towers that are the essential backbone of mobile telecommunications in Africa – the leapfrog technology driving economic development, prosperity and self-sufficiency across the continent. Right now, IHS is leading a new telecoms service sector driven by the growth of middle class business an…
Read more about this company
Specialist, Financial Audit
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- We are currently recruiting for a Specialist, Financial Audit. Based in Lagos, you will undertake risk management activities, review related controls, and maintain and update the company’s risk framework.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify, update and document inherent risks and related controls.
- Update the risk framework for financial (including automated system) risks from internal audit findings, changes in business processes, and changes in the business environment.
- Review policy and process documentation for identification of key controls and gap analysis.
- Liaise with external auditor on alignment of risk framework with auditor’s own assessment.
- Collect workings and other financial information prepared by accounting department for analysis of risk areas.
- Undertake a pre-risk assessment for all projects with a resulting financial implication.
- Undertake risk and internal control assessment for new updates in ERP.
- Ensure complete documentation of business processes related to Finance.
- Review and audit financial schedules prepared by accounting team.
- Control, archive, and update the Business Processes & Accounting manual of the company.
- Review other non-financial information reported to management for identification of weaknesses and risks.
- Update the Accounting and Finance Manual with changes in the internal and external environments.
- Report on changes in management’s assessment of risks affecting the organization.
- Maintain and follow up on remediation actions.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Financial Audit.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Audit & Risk Management, etc.
- Internal or external audit training with higher preference for external audit.
- Minimum of +5 years’ relevant work experience in audit and accounting.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and executing risk-based internal or external audits.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Financial Reporting
- Risk Assessment
- Analytical Techniques
- Presentation Skills
- Management reporting Skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Workload Management
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Business Communication.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love