Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
For 15 years we have been building and managing telecommunications towers that are the essential backbone of mobile telecommunications in Africa – the leapfrog technology driving economic development, prosperity and self-sufficiency across the continent. Right now, IHS is leading a new telecoms service sector driven by the growth of middle class business an…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
- To effectively manage the activities of the Procurement Department, including the selection of suppliers, the issue of purchasing documentation, control of pricing, quality and delivery.
Key Aims and Objectives
- Set-up of Material Item Coding Policy
- Development of Systems / Methodology
- Development of Material Specifications
- Implementation of Policy / Strategy / Procedures
- Reporting To: Managing Director
- Personnel Reporting Directly To This Role: All Procurement Personnel
- Ensure all Supply Chain Management Functions are adhered to and delivered efficiently and effectively
- Set up master data so that all impact on purchasing and materials are met
- Support creation and implementation of Supply Chain Management reports
- Definition and development of reporting standards within department to ensure good communication to both, internal and external members
- Works to develop the business controls within the Management System that govern supply chain management.
- Leads the development of Company policy as it relates to procurement, logistics, materials management and inventory control.
- Responsible for recommendations on best practice for systems and processes.
- Responsible for researching and identifying best practices for incorporation into the Company’s ERP systems.
- Conducts procurement and logistics activities with the highest degree of professionalism, ethics and integrity and in compliance with international laws such as the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- Works collaboratively with vendors and ensures that effective business practices are established with positive outcomes for Prospector in terms of robust agreements.
- Liaise with Prospector local logistics partners to ensure that standards and procedures are maintained at all times
- Responsible for ensuring Customs and local regulations are adhered to on all transactions
- Develops and implements strategies for the acquisition of long lead time items
- Facilitates team based decisions regarding the appropriate suppliers to be used for key operational commodity supply and spares.
- Monitors, measures, and is responsible for supporting and initiating plans and programs intended to improve continuous improvement in vendor performance, including leading vendor audits.
- Provide Guidance and Direction to Procurement Team
- Educated in Supply Chain Management
- Ideally MCIPS or CIPS qualified
- Ability to apply Continuous Improvement strategies, which includes the ability to introduce needed change, create excitement for change and lead change initiatives.
- Must be adaptable and open to new ideas
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal relationship capabilities
- Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, people management and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple complex assignments with tight schedules, changing scope and requirements.
- Able to plan and execute work in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to efficiently identify problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to work in a multicultural/multinational environment.
- Ability to work to the highest levels of customer service, confidentiality, with an ethical behaviour.
- Computer skills shall include; ERP software, Microsoft Office and Web based project co-ordination tools.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love