Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that uses volunteers to fight poverty and reduce inequality.
Our vision is simple: a world without poverty. Our approach is unique: sending skilled volunteers from sectors such as health, education and business to work with partners who have requested our help. VSO enables a two-way e…
Read more about this company
Community Volunteer – Community Learning programme Support
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Location Katsina
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering  , NGO/Non-Profit
Locations: Kafur and Kankara, Katsina
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 7 months
Start Date: 12 / 02 / 21
- The role holder will serve to provide support for a UNICEF funded Community Learning project. This role will also contribute in ensuring the establishment of the Inclusive Neighborhood Learning Space as well as supporting in knowledge product creation in line with VSO and UNICEF values and objectives.
Mode of Delivery Overview
- The role holder will serve to provide support for a UNICEF funded Community Learning project.
- This role will also contribute in ensuring the establishment of the Inclusive Neighborhood Learning Space as well as supporting in knowledge product creation in line with VSO and UNICEF values and objectives.
- Support in mentoring school children and out of school children.
- Support peer to peer learning among children
- Keep and report weekly records of use of activities and pupil’s learning progress in line with aims and objectives of project
- Maintain and document records, case studies and success stories inline with the project.
- Notify appropriate line manager on any relevant information such as requisition, progress and challenges.
- Ensure that all work in community reflects the distinctive ethos of VSO.
- Act as a positive role model and promote the aims, values and ethos of VSO and uphold all rules and policies.
- Carry out a share of supervisory duties in accordance with VSO schedules.
- Participate in appropriate meetings with community members.
- Collaborate with VSON to initiate and implement interventions that will contribute to improved relevant and quality of learning of students.
Key Performance Indicators
- Records of Peer to Peer learning in schools in line with project objectives.
- Record of Inclusive Neighborhood learning spaces established and supported
- Record of Successful delivery of project in line with VSO project methodology, Project delivered on time with expected benefits realised.
- Stakeholders’ satisfaction with standard and frequency of project activity, progress, outcome, communications, and reports.
- High quality and timely reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- All reports, evaluations and references are completed within deadlines.
- Data and reporting is conducted in line with the project plan.
- Knowledge product creation in line with project outcome.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of School Leaving Certificate.
- Good knowledge of tutoring English and Maths to schools pupils
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly.
- Practicing innovation & change.
- Practicing gender & cultural diversity.
- Strong skills for relating and working with men and women, boys and girls.
- Relationship Building – Ability to build effective working relationships, inspiring confidence and credibility with employees at all levels. Strong influencer of others. Ability to work effectively across a globally dispersed organisation.
- Ability to work with children Understanding of Child protection and how to work with children.
- Building and sustaining working relationships – The social skills to build and actively maintain working relationships that foster teamwork and collaboration with others for the benefit of a common goal.
- Open Minded and Respectful – A non-judgemental approach that values other people and culture.
- Seeking and Sharing Knowledge – Recognition that learning is a two-way and continuous process.
- Facilitating Positive Change – The ability to analyse problems and develop lasting solutions in line with VSO approaches.
- Adaptability – A flexible approach and the ability to adapt behaviour to different situations.
- Resilience – The self-confidence to work with a variety of situations, diverse people and ambiguity.
Allowance and Accommodation
- All volunteers have an allowance paid in local currency. The allowance meets reasonable living expenses in country, but will not be enough to send money home.
- VSO works with some of the poorest communities in the world which means accommodation varies and will be basic.
Method of Application
Interview / Assessment Date(s)
25th – 28th February, 2021.
Interested and qualified? Go to VSO on vso.secure.force.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love