Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service-service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff.
From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners, and beneficiaries face…
Read more about this company
HR Intern – Nigeria SHARP TO1
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Human Resources / HR  , Internships / Volunteering
- Chemonics International, a leading international organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an human resources (HR) intern for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One (TO 01) in Northwestern Nigeria.
- SHARP TO 01 will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the Northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Support the coordination of interviews and collation of interview scores.
- Book meeting rooms for meetings, interviews, and events.
- Sorting an arranging of biodata salary verification documents
- Scanning and filing of HR documents such as personnel files/folders, recruitment documentation, appraisals etc. and ensure all SharePoint files are up to date.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations with the onboarding and offboarding of project staff.
- Support the timesheet process during payroll.
- Support the HR team with coordination of staff benefits and leave.
- Submit, check-in and retrieve HR documents submitted for signatures/approvals.
- Update the project organizational chart and personnel tracker as needed and under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Operations.
- Share project email account information with project staff and troubleshoot account issues.
- Assist with tracking progress, deadlines, and priorities for the team.
- Prepare certificates of recognition, service etc.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science field.
- Must be able to provide proof of completion of a one-year youth service through National Youth Service Corps.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment; personable, able to pleasantly deal with a variety of people.
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in Nigeria is preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English required.
- Please note the intern may work a maximum of 40 hours per week. The intern will be provided a monthly stipend to cover meals and transportation through the duration of the assignment. Interns will not be offered any additional benefits or allowances.
Method of Application
- This position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International on nigeriasharp.formstack.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love