Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Rural Homes LTD is an incorporated property development firm specialized in private, public and commercial projects, with a single mission: to build structures with enduring value and the potential to become timeless. Our team of creative professionals carefully evaluate each project in order to adhere to both financial and time constraints, and over the years we’ve become known as a top Real Estate Development Company.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 3 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Reporting Line: Reports to Project Manager
Working Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- She/he should have great organisational skills and be able to work with other professionals to achieve set goals on the project.
- He/she will work in close collaboration with other Engineers and other departments to prepare budgets and cost estimates, create work schedules, communicate with clients about progress and ensure safety regulations and codes are met.
- Set out the works and construction in accordance with design and specification.
- Check materials and work in progress for compliance with the specified requirements.
- Observance of safety requirements.
- Resolve technical issues with suppliers, subcontractors and statutory authorities.
- Measurement and valuation (in collaboration with the project quantity surveyor where appropriate).
- Prepare an effective schedule and prepare appraisal reports to be submitted to project manager.
- Evaluate all projects and recommend various cost savings methods for same.
- Supervise the job of laborers, Engineers and other site staff.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors.
- Resolve any discrepancies and problems arising during construction which affect the quality of works performed.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Building Technology and other related fields.
- 1-3 years post Nysc of experience in construction.
- Project Management and COREN certification will be an advantage.
- Highly organised and action-oriented.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Ability to read blueprints, structural drawings and plan sets.
Method of Application
Note: Candidates should upload their CV and Cover letter in one Microsoft word document.
EEO Statement: We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive work environment for all employees. Women are strongly encouraged to apply to this position.
Interested and qualified? Go to Rural Homes Limited on docs.google.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love