Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Talent Sourcing & Recruitment Consultant
Read more about this company
Head Credit Risk Management
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Our client a fast growing Microfinance Bank is looking to hire an experienced and qualified Head Credit Risk Manager. The candidate should possess adequate credit risk analytical background, specific skills, abilities, knowledge and eyes for details. The candidate must also have understanding of key drivers of consumer loan, payroll loans, SME loans to include market traders, medium scale companies that have structured system, credit card financials and underlying consumer behaviours to drive these divers
- Provides the Institution with advice on any potential risks to the profitability or existence of the company.
- Managing the risk for the organization, its employees, customers, reputation, assets, and interest of stakeholder
- Identifies and evaluate threats, and develops alternative courses of actions to avoid, reduce, or transfer risks.
- Develops and implement policies and procedures that help to reduce the credit risk of the financial institution.
- Undertakes building of financial models that predict credit risk exposure of the organization and oversee the preparation of performance reports for management.
- Manage the bank’s lending portfolio and continually optimize risk strategy for acquisition, fraud, and collection
- They utilize statistical and segmentation tools to develop/optimize acquisition risk strategies for personal loan products.
- The credit risk manager work description also entails retrieving data and conducting data driven analytics, utilizing various analytical tools, software, and techniques.
Skills and Competencies
- Credit Administration/Risk Management
- Credit Products, Credit Analysis and Appraisal
- Loans administration / account management
- Credit Workout/Restructuring, Financial analysis
- interpretation knowledge, Facility Structuring, Team Building
- People Management, Integrity and Discretion
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Entrepreneurship, etc
- First Degree in Economics, Finance or any other discipline, Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years banking experience with at least 3 years in a senior management role in a Microfinance Bank.
- Must have completed either ICAN or ACCA, CIBN or MCP programme.
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements and business dynamics.
- In-depth understanding of Microfinance Regulatory framework.
- Also, Ability to manage competing deadlines in a high-pressure environment, with varying ranges of supervision.
- Practical insight and experience into the commercial and operational functioning of a business.
- Ability to take commercial insights and translate into the organisation and people agenda to influence the business.
- Proven ability to persuade, influence and build credibility with all levels and all functions.
- Also, Experience in planning and orchestrating available resources efficiently and effectively.
- Good coaching and relationship building skills.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love