Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
We are a leader in the provision of innovative Integrated Energy Services, primarily to the Power and Oil & Gas sectors.
We also have strategic interests in downstream trading and shipping.
Read more about this company
Vice President, Business Development
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 15 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Reference #: 005
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
- A leading diversified energy services provider is looking to engage a VP, Business Development to provide overall leadership and guidance to the business development team and other subsidiaries towards the achievement of the company’s strategic growth and objectives.
- Administration, Analysis, Analytics, Business Analyst, Business Development, Construction, Data Analysis, Data Management, Engineering, Executive Management, Financial Planning, Management, Mechanical Engineering, Oil & Energy, Trade.
- Energy, Engineering, Management Consulting, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Procurement & Purchasing
Job Objective (s)
- Develop strategies and objectives in support of the overall business development goals. Responsible for the business development process by acquiring and defining project opportunities, along with performing research and managing client contact.
Strategic Business Development Planning:
- Identify the market / business opportunities, trends, setting ideas and project by researching industry related events, publications, daily media, Nipex portal and also through existing clients
- Gather market and customer information, network with major industry players and decision makers and provide feedback on industry trends to Division and Management.
- Develop and lead sector and client business and marketing plans with a typical horizon of 1 to 5 years
- Analyze the customer base to establish a common approach to retention and growth
- Enhance Amazon Energy and operational staff business development capabilities and work with the team to achieve their business targets.
- Initiate, facilitate, manage and build new and existing client and partner relationships.
- Responsible for formulation, execution, monitoring of company’s business, development, market penetration strategies and operating plans for enhancing business growth and operating efficiency.
- Business intelligence
- Working with the Business Development Group, develop and manage an up-to-date understanding of the macroeconomic environment over the agreed plan period, using the information to consider the implications for existing and new sectors
- Develop an understanding of relevant sectors and how they are likely to respond to business proposals and bids.
- Undertake key research to understand the business and project drivers of sectors, customers and potential opportunities.
Business Development and Revenue Generation:
- Track, identify, develop and pursue opportunities in keeping relationship with areas of emphasis with new and current clients.
- Lead and support negotiations with clients, partners, and consultants.
- Implement systems to track upcoming RFPs and maintain corporate new business tracker.
- Manage the bid/no-bid processes.
- Serve as advisor on all bids on strategy, teaming, recruitment, writing, and pricing.
- Manage strategic bids and full and open bids, and lead at times, coordinating proposal teams.
- Write proposal sections (as needed); review draft proposals.
- Develop negotiation strategies and execution of same.
- Support and provide input to new contracts and contract renewals/extensions.
- Secure agreements on commercial disputes through commercial negotiations with external parties.
- A good university degree in Engineering or any other related field.
- MBA qualification and membership of recognized professional body is an advantage.
- Minimum 15 year’s post-graduation experience with at least 10 years cognate experience in the oil and gas industry and related job position and functions.
The desired candidate must exhibit competencies in the following:
- Experience in building commercial relationships to help deliver improved service and innovation to the customer
- Existing network of contacts within the Nigerian oil and gas sector
- Detailed knowledge of marketing and business development (strategic and tactical)
- Recognize changing market forces that may impact upon own or customers’ business and puts plans into action to make a positive contribution.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love