Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
design union (The group) is registered as a holding company in the British Virgin Islands and in the United Kingdom where its carries out development, planning and construction activities. The subsidiaries of design union offshore continue to carry out landmark projects in Africa with emphasis in Nigeria.
We are involved in various sectors including infrast…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Building and Construction
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at sites.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features.
- Prepares and reviews maps, drawings, sketches, plats and simple reports from field notes and makes recommendations.
- Use a variety of modern surveying equipment, manual recording, computer-aided drafting programs and databases to collect and record data of geological areas according to project requirement.
- Determine longitudes and latitudes of important features and boundaries in survey areas, using theodolites, transits, levels, and satellite-based global positioning systems (GPS).
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements.
- Conduct surveys to determine precise location and measurement of points, elevations, lines, areas and contours for construction, map making and other purposes.
- Establish, verify and approves internal finishing levels and gauges on site to assist the Supervisors in achieving desired finishes.
- Work hand in hand with the construction detailing team of the design in establish required levels on site consistently to achieve project goals.
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- HND / B.Sc in Surveying and Geo- informatics (Upper Credit or Lower Credit)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in similar position.
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work flexible schedule
- Good team player
- Punctual, thorough but fast, and eager to learn.
- Apt technical and logical thought for trouble shooting
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love