Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behaviors-from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV-by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change (SBC).
Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in par…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- TB LGA Supervisor
- Master Trainers
- Method of Application
TB LGA Supervisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 – 2 years
- Location Kano
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Breakthrough Action Nigeria is a USAID funded social behaviour change project with the goal of increasing practice of priority individual health behaviour in target states in MNCH+N, FP, Malaria and Tuberculosis. Firmly grounded in proven practices, Breakthrough ACTION works in partnership with governments, civil society, and communities around the world to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, nurture SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria supports the National Tuberculosis and Leprosy control programme (NTBLCP) in Tuberculosis (TB) related Social and behaviour change (SBC) activities with aim at increasing TB case detection. The project will be implementing TB SBC activities in selected LGAs in Kano State to improve TB case finding and ensure sustained TB programming in spite of current global and national challenges.
Scope of Work
The LGA SBC Supervisor will provide required technical and coordination of TB demand creation activities in LGAs in Kano State.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide day to day implementation and monitoring of the TB demand creation activities in implementing LGA.
- In collaboration with the LGA TBLS, and partners, identify and conduct advocacy to all relevant stakeholders at facility and community level.
- Work together with the LGA TBLS in the coordination of activity across all intervention areas.
- In collaboration with the State Consultant, coordinate and manage logistics for internal and external meetings, workshops, and other program activities as needed;
- Coordinate distribution of project materials to the relevant intervention sites within the LGA and ensure effective monitoring and documentation of utilization.
- Monitor implementation of TB activities amongst PPMVs, religious leaders, NURTW and community leaders in the LGA.
- Assist in the preparation and logistical planning for various events, functions etc in their LGAs.
- Identify and resolve issues as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and determining the appropriate application;
- Document the implementation process, success stories and provide key highlights including lessons learned on a monthly basis and submit the same to the State Consultant.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social/health sciences, or related discipline is required.
- 1-2 years Previous experience carrying out related task with donor-funded project is desirable;
- Previous work experience implementing USAID-funded or donor funded health programs is strongly preferred;
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving skills and attention to details is essential;
- Knowledge of key health sector players in the public and aid sectors in Nigeria required; previous work in TB will be added advantage
- Excellent communication skills (written & spoken) in English and Hausa languages is required;
- Geographical knowledge of the state is a must. Candidates who currently reside in Kano State will be given top priority
Period of engagement
6 months (March 2021 to August 2021– Possible extension of the contract subject to donor funding).
go to method of application »
- Job Type Full Time
- Experience None
- Location Ebonyi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Breakthrough ACTION Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID funded project with John Hopkins Centre for Communications Programs (CCP) as the lead consortium partner. It is multi-partner project with governments and other USAID partners to support Social Behaviour Change (SBC) and demand creation on priority FP/RH, Malaria and MNCH+N health behaviours in Eleven (11) states and FCT across Nigeria.
In collaboration with the SMOH, SPHCDA, LGAs, Communities and other implementing partners in Ebonyi State, Breakthrough ACTION–Nigeria will support the state to use an integrated social behaviour change (I-SBC) approach towards achieving desired improvements in health outcomes targeted at individual, household and community levels.
To achieve this Breakthrough ACTION is looking for qualified candidates to serve as master trainers in Ebonyi State. The trainers will participate in a 1-Week Training-of-Trainers (TOT) on Integrated Social Behaviour Change (I-SBC), which they will step down in various LGAs in these states over a certain period.
Scope of Work
- Participate in a 1-week Training-of-Trainers (TOT)
- Facilitate a 10-day training for community volunteers, supervisors and community actions groups in assigned state and LGAs.
- Build the capacity of training participants to use community dialogue framework for community volunteers
- Build the capacity of participants on referrals and data tools
- Ensure that participants demonstrate enough knowledge, skills and competence necessary to conduct interpersonal communication (IPC), community health dialogues, compound meetings and other community level activities in their wards.
- Draft and submit a training report required at the end of the training.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- Qualification in nursing, public health, community health, social sciences, communication or related field
- Prior experience facilitating training for community resource persons e.g. VCMs, CORPS, CBHVs, CVs e.t.c
- Prior experience with MNCH or RH/FP demand generation activities, projects or programs
- Good technical knowledge on MNCH, Family Planning or Malaria within the context of southern Nigeria
- Fluency in local language with good understanding and appropriate context
- Resident in the state applied for and able to work in the state and any LGA
- Excellent facilitation, communication and oral presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical, communication, computer and problem-solving skills
- Availability for 4 – 6 weeks to participate in Training-of-Trainers (ToT) and facilitate step-down training
- Ability to travel for Training-of-Trainers (TOT) if required
- Willingness to step down training in any assigned LGA within the applied state
Indicate consultancy title and location (state) as the title/subject of your email application for the position. E.g. Master Trainer – Ebonyi State
Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
Application letter and CV should be in a word or PDF format; credentials should be scanned in PDF format.
Candidates that do not comply with application instruction will be disqualified.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject of the consultancy and the location as the subject of their applications.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love