Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Goldline Nigeria Limited is the Leading company in Nigeria that deals on Security Doors, Interior Doors, Locks/Handles, Rattan Furniture, Beds Etc
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification OND , Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Driving
Location: (Ago, Okota / Isolo) Lagos
Statements to demonstrate why this job exists:
- Delivery Men distribute products promptly to our customers, represent our company in a professional and cost-effective manner to increase our profitability and customer satisfaction.
The main areas in which this job must get results in order to achieve its purpose/ accountabilities of the job holder:
- Work with and shall take instructions from General/Operations Manager.
- Make sure that their vehicles are handled with utmost care to ensure that safety of driver, goods and the vehicle.
- Check the tyres, water levels, oil level, fuel level, fire extinguishers, vehicle tools, lights, spare tyres. C-caution etc. every morning before moving into the road.
- Ensure that the vehicles are washed regularly and as directed by the General/Operations Manager.
- Make accurate entries into the log books for every particular movement and submit same to the General/Operations Manager for endorsements every morning.
- Inform the General/Operations Manager of the expiry date for any of the vehicle particulars/documents being used at least two weeks before the actual expiry date.
- Obey all traffic rules and regulations and respect law enforcement agents at all times.
- Report any defect to company vehicle(s) in writing to the General/ OperationsManager.
- Do not carry any unauthorized goods/passengers in company vehicle.
- Ascertain the quantity of any item that he is transporting on behalf of the company and ensure that documents he has for such items are correct in all respects.
- Drivers of delivery trucks acts as loaders/off loaders at all times.
- Drivers should ensure that their phones are constantly on while on duty using approved handsfree devices.
- Ensure that delivery notes are signed by receivers of any delivery note are returned to the warehouse immediately they come back to base.
- Make deliveries without failures only to authorized locations.
- Always project the image of the company whenever receiving or delivering goods on behalf of the company.
- Resume and close duties depending on the demand of the job at hand and as determined by their Manager.
- Perform any other related duties when required.
Critical Qualifications / Skills / Experience
- Valid professional driver’s license.
- Good driving record with no traffic violations.
- Ability to drive light vehicles; medium and large trucks driving experience an advantage – 10 to 30 Tons Truck
- At least 4 years of progressively responsible experience in motor vehicle transport and/or maintenance management
- Fully familiar with driving protocols and procedures
- Great sense of responsibility aimed at safety of vehicle and goods
- Demonstrated ability to act logically and quickly in adverse situations
- Good communication skills targeted at handling correspondence with managers and customers
- Proven ability to drive heavy vehicles for long hours
- Special talent for charting out best possible routes in order to save time and fuel
- Physical dexterous to handle loading and unloading tasks
- Exceptional skills in city, intercity and interstate navigation
- Proven ability to exhibit great attention to detail
- Keen understanding of handling basic vehicle maintenance and repair tasks
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Capability of working well under pressure especially in adverse situations such as accidents or traffic jams
- Thorough understanding of traffic laws and ability to “think fast on your feet”
- Good customer service skills aimed at communicating a positive image of the company to customers.
- OND, SSCE / GCE / NECO qualification.
N50,000 – N60,000 / month.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to “The Head, Human Resources” via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Candidates will be shortlisted based on experience and required qualification
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Buy 72 Hours to The Job You Love