Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
QuantumX is a solar energy solutions provider with a mission of offering quality installation of solar energy systems, excellent prices, professional design engineering and complete customer orientation.
Read more about this company
Public Health Expert with Community Health, Health System Strengthening, Routine Immunization, Vaccine Cold Chain Logistics and / or Polio Eradication Expertise
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Other
- Job Field Consultancy
- The purpose of this evaluation is to generate evidence and systematically/scientifically document the contributions of the network towards polio eradication so far (effectiveness, efficiency and impact), review its capacity (relevance), and working mechanism in coordination with other programmes (sustainability).
- It is also to determine the extent to which NRECA supporting activities were effective and inform about planning and implementation for the future community-based interventions.
- The evaluation is commissioned for the purpose of Learning and Accountability about what worked very well and what didn’t work and why vis-a-vis the theory of changes and expected results of VCM.
- The engagement will also include an evaluability assessment prior to the impact evaluation.
- We are looking for a Public Health Expert with Community Health, Health Systems Strengthening, Routine Immunization and/or Polio Eradication Expertise that can serve in a Team Leader position on this evaluation.
- She/he will work closely with Evaluation Specialist and other team members in the design and implementation of evaluation.
- She/he will also work closely with NRECA Nigeria and other key stakeholders.
- Our public colleagues provide the evidence needed for successful decision-making in government and the public sector.
- They have expertise in public policy formulation and evaluation, public opinion and voting intention studies, national statistics and longitudinal studies, plus consulting and advisory services in behavior change, public communications and policy design.
- Master’s degree in Public Health with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in working within the health sector in Nigeria, with regards to knowledge and experience of Routine Immunization, Polio Eradication, Community Health and/or Health Systems Strengthening
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in evaluation work including conducting quantitative and qualitative research (i.e. research design, data collection, analysis, reporting and presentation).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions, make recommendations and prepare a well-written report in a timely manner.
- Excellent skills managing and manipulating data using Microsoft Excel or SPSS, or Stata and undertaking qualitative analysis using NVivo or other software.
- Ability to communicate effectively as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working with NRECA ,UNICEF Nigeria or other multilaterals, preferred
- Knowledge of UN role, UN reform process and UN programming at the country level, particularly UNDAF and familiarity and knowledge in the five UNDAF Programming Principles:
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and implementing partners.
- Understanding of and commitment to the importance of an ethical approach to research
The Team Lead will work closely with the Evaluation Specialist and other team members to:
- Design the evaluability assessment, evaluation approach, develop evaluation instruments and sampling strategy and implement the evaluation activities.
- Proactively engage with NRECA Nigeria and other relevant stakeholders on the evaluation;
- Proactively work with NRECA Nigeria to obtain project documents and monitoring data relevant to the evaluation
- Conduct a review of project documents and relevant literature.
- Knowledge of value for money assessment approaches such as Cost-Benefit Analysis, Cost-Effectiveness Analysis or Social Return on Investment.
- Collect qualitative data through key informant interviews and participatory methods.
- Conduct data analysis, data visualization, and reporting;
- Provide timely inputs and quality deliverables.
- Travel to specific states in the country at the request of NRECA Nigeria and per the requirements of the evaluation design/approach as applicable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Public Health Expert ” as the subject of the email.
- Only applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted for interviews.
- Privacy Disclosure: Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by Quantumx Group.
- Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the hiring.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love