Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
‘CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- The Investment Manager will provide leadership to the investment management function of Growth Capital Fund, by contributing to the formulation of investment strategies, product development and process improvement initiatives; maintain coverage of assigned research responsibilities; ensuring efficient investment execution, portfolio administration and transaction processing; supporting Primary Portfolio Managers, and maintaining secondary responsibility for portfolio.
- In addition to the foregoing, h/she would be expected to extensively collaborate with the company CEO and Board of Directors to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- The Investment Manager role will be responsible for sourcing, developing, and supporting Growth Capital Fund partnership-based impact investments, with a focus on countries in Africa.
- In addition to prospecting and due diligence of new investments, this role onboards, trains, and facilitates support for partners to ensure compliance with policies and regulations.
- Relationship Management – Monitor assigned Investments (both remotely and in-person), including repayments, financial performance, and social performance.
- Investment Monitoring – In collaboration with team members, monitor assigned Investments for compliance with GC Fund’s policies and covenants, and adjust access to funding as necessary.
- Market Research and Analysis Leads market research and analysis efforts into uncovering both global and local macroeconomic trends, extensive research into various financial instruments, and in-depth review of mostly publicly traded companies, in order to understand current trends, and forecast future
- Business Development – Develop a network to source and recruit new impact investments, with an emphasis on achieving impact at scale. Screen potential investments and review applications.
- Due Diligence – Conduct desk and on-site due diligence of potential Investments to assess prospects’ financial and social performance, and mission fit with GC Fund. Present potential Investments for approval by the Investment Committee.
- Deal Structuring – Participate in negotiations on Investment terms and conditions with the goal of maximizing impact at scale while ensuring GC Fund remains efficient and sustainable.
- Technical and Operational Support – Assist in onboarding newly Invested Partners, act as liaison, communicate GC Fund’s policy to these Partners and update stakeholders on new developments and/or issues. Resolve issues faced by the Partners, such as trouble accessing tools provided by GC Fund.
- Team Management – Responsible for driving and sustaining strategic team management practices that support GC Fund’s ability to achieve its corporate objectives through optimal talent resourcing, employee engagement, talent management, and people development.
- Country/Region Expertise – Provide expert guidance on local market conditions in key markets where GC Fund manages significant Investment.
- Strategic Partnerships – Manage active relationships with other funders of assigned Investment Partners; seek out co-investment opportunities where possible.
- Documentation – Support drafting and review of transaction documentation of new Investments with the legal department.
- Strong networking skills to actively be involved with startups, venture capitals, and corporates.
- Proven ability to build, manage, and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Organization Awareness & Concern for Impact.
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love