Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Graceco Nigeria Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company which specializes in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionary industry. With the continued growth of the middle class and their increasing appetite for snacks and baked goods of various kinds, Graceco Nigeria limited has positioned itself to be a major p…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
Reports To: HSE Manager
As a manufacturing company, safety is a necessity for the organisation and the employees, to this effect a HSE Officer is needed that will ensure everyone’s compliance with health and safety laws in the company. The HSE officer will carry out the day to day operations of HSE department and contribute to the application of effective Health, Safety and Environmental management by providing technical support.
Job location and working hours: The position is located at Alagbado Lagos, Nigeria. Working time is normally between 7:30am-5pm Mondays to Fridays and 8:30am-3pm on Saturdays.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
- Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
- Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the HSE manager.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
Facility Specific Responsibilities
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Implement and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
- Perform facility HSE Inspections
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements, including company HSE policies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Perform additional duties as assigned by HSE manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicant should have degree/HND in relevant field
- Applicant should have minimum of 1 year experience as a HSE personnel in a manufacturing company
- Applicant must be a computer literate.
- Applicant must be able to coach and train other junior staff
- Applicant must have a relevant certification in HSE
- Applicant must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love