Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Hubmart Stores Limited is a retail shopping chain of Nigerian heritage, offering multi-format stores in various locations and positioned to offer customers world-class shopping experience as well as a vast range of products. Our unique value proposition lies in our excellent customer service as well as our superior capabilities in the fresh categories.
Read more about this company
Head of Finance
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- Manage all finance functions with full authority over treasury, tax, statutory and management accounting, financial control, and internal and external reporting
- Implement policies to effectively manage working capital including cash utilization, accounts receivables, accounts payables and inventory.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of reliable, accurate and timely financial reports to the Board of Directors, senior management team, investors, and other stakeholders
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company’s strategic direction
- Facilitate the annual budgeting process of the entire organization by working with other departments to develop budgets for the group, facilities, and corporate departments
- Provide accurate reporting on key performance measures and monitoring systems and provide actionable recommendations
- Institute policies to ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity, and appropriateness of financial information
- Manages relationships with relevant external bodies/contacts e.g. regulatory organizations, external auditors, banks etc.
- Evaluate the organization’s fund raising plans and capital structure and make recommendations to senior management
- Build and update financial models for fund raising process using the unit economics of the business
- Lead strategic financing options and processes for both debt and equity financing.
- Serve as the focal point for investors relations and send regular fund statements to board through the CEO.
- Oversee the computation of key financial metrics on all facilities and projects including ROI, NPV, IRR and payback period
- Develop cash flow projections and ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations and planned investments
- Identify and manage key business and company risks and insurance requirements
- Maintain and ensure compliance with the documented system of finance policies and procedures across the group
- Report risk issues to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Responsible for audit reviews of business units, financial and management processes and systems to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and implementation of annual internal audit plans /programs and endure adherence to plans.
- Lead all operations including but not limited to Corporate Finance, Financial Control, Audit, Treasury & Finance Operations, Tax and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Lead all relevant 3rd party relationships including investors, banking relationships, auditors etc
- Build, develop, evaluate and retain a highly-qualified team of finance professionals.
- Ensure that the organization has strong control systems with clear policy violation guidelines.
Leadership And Team Development:
- Foster a culture of transparency and accountability in the Finance department.
- Develop and maintain a plan that provides for succession and continuity in the most critical Finance positions.
- Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement and control plan for overall business operations, while supporting the finance teams to meet business needs.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions
- First degree in related discipline- Accounting, Finance, Economics.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with 5 years Management Position
- Prior experience with investor relations and capital raising
- Advanced computer skills,including proficiency in MS office, ERP systems and Business intelligence software
- Must be a Chartered accountant ACCA, ICAN, CFA
- Advanced financial modelling skills
- Deep understanding of IFRS and financial reporting tools
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as subject of the email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love