Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition.
We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countr…
Read more about this company
Communications and Media Consultant
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding  , NGO/Non-Profit
Reports to: Head of Nutrition Programs
Vitamin A Supplementation (VAS)
HKI works closely with the government of Nigeria to ensure high coverage of more than 80% of the target population with vitamin A. HKI also supports the training of health workers, program monitoring, community education and the delivery of vitamin A capsules. In 2001, HKI integrated vitamin A supplementation into Community Directed Treatment with Ivermectin (CDTI) as a cost-effective, sustainable strategy and a strong platform for community mobilization. Vulnerable groups, including children 6-59 months old and post-partum women within 8 weeks of delivery, were targeted. However, since 2009, HKI aligned with the Federal Government of Nigeria and adopted the bi-annual Maternal Newborn and Child Health Weeks (MNCH Weeks) as a high impact strategy to distribute Vitamin A capsules alongside other low-cost interventions that have been proven to be highly effective in reducing mortality rates and improving maternal and child health. HKI has received funding from GiveWell to implement a Vitamin A Supplementation program and conduct yearly post event coverage evaluation surveys in Benue State, Nigeria.
Under the supervision of the Head of Nutrition Programs, the Communications and Media Consultant will serve as the primary communications focal point of Helen Keller Nigeria’s Vitamin A Supplementation program.
- Focus is on raising the visibility of Helen Keller’s VAS project among internal and external audiences
- Create compelling content across a variety of social media channels to raise awareness, encourage potential partnerships and build Helen Keller’s reputation
- Develop communication materials, including pictures, videos, publications, infographics, short documentaries, promotional materials e.t.c related to the VAS project
- Accompany Helen Keller’s Nutrition Program Officers to the field to capture all relevant media (pictures, videos, short documentaries, success stories e.t.c) relating to activities when required
- Promote Helen Keller’s VAS project using developed communication materials to highlight the achievements of the VAS project particularly showcasing the positive impact the project is having on its intended beneficiaries.
- Develop key advocacy messages and briefs for various audiences
- Perform any other duty as assigned
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to job requirements
- Knowledge of international development issues, nutrition and/or maternal and child health related issues, highly desirable
- Proven expertise in developing creative content and effective communications strategies, including social media branding activities
- Ability to think strategically about how to shape the same message for different audiences
- Advanced oral and written communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear manner and synthesize large volumes of data and/or information into simple meaningful forms
- Prior experience working in the field of VAS will be an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English is highly desirable
- Able to work under pressure minimal supervision and able to meet up deadlines
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office, internet
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and a good team player
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentiality
- Bachelors’ degree in Journalism, Mass communication, Marketing, Public Relations or similar related fields
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional work experience
Method of Application
Interested persons may send a comprehensive resume with a cover letter as ONE MS Word document to email@example.com using the position title as the subject of the email. Note that applications will not be accepted after 5pm on FridayJanuary 22nd, 2021.
HELEN KELLER INTL
DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, TEST, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
DOES NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
DOES NOT RECRUIT THROUGH ANY RECRUITMENT AGENCY.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us via the email
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love