Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Hobark International Limited is the parent company of the Hobark group operating in the oil and gas industry. The company was incorporated in 1998, starting as a staffing agency based in Port Harcourt. Currently we have offices in 4 countries with our head office in Lagos. The group offers the following services.
Drilling services are offered through Dril…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 20 – 25 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Lead and manage all aspects of mechanical engineering projects across geographies in oil and gas sector including, but not limited to bidding, project management and project hand-over
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with clients
- Stay abreast of market developments and technology developments in engineering related to field of work
- Manage, coach and guide the team members of the business division
- Regular and accurate reporting to the management on timely basis
- Assist in maintain books of accounts for the business
- Drive pre-bid evaluation of projects to understand scope of work involved and device plan of execution
- Validate basic engineering, including design, and develop accurate quantification of the scope
- Co-ordinate with engineering team and estimation team to ensure accuracy at the time of sourcing of projects
- Identify and highlight technical risks in projects on the basis of tender documents, contracts and site visits
Engineering and Coordination:
- Drive engineering an execution of all mechanical projects in oil and gas sector
- Identify and implement value engineering initiatives in projects
- Ensure timely execution of all engineering activities as per project timelines
- Co-ordinate with clients and manage expectations for each project
- Co-ordinate with external stakeholders, such as consultants and authorities, to ensure timely completion of deliverables and tasks as planned
- Co-ordinate with internal stakeholders including procurement and construction teams to ensure consistent understanding with regards to technical requirements for different scope of work, within the project team
- Manage all engineering documentation required throughout project lifecycle
- Supervise project work for all mechanical projects undertaken by the division and coordinating with all departments and contractors
- Approval of construction procedure, quality plan & inspections test procedure
- Erection and commissioning supervision of equipment including gas compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, KOD’s Separators etc.
- Erection and commissioning of high-pressure piping for oil gas and other utility service lines.
- Supervision & monitoring of activities related to pipeline laying, hydrostatic testing and commissioning of pipeline
- Reviewing and resolving all engineering problems
- Coordinating with client and contractor.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licences
- Analyse, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Manage technical requirements of service contracts
- Drive design and engineering requirements for such contracts
- Co-ordinate with product development, product procurement and services teams
- Support execution teams on any technical challenges in this respect through effective problem-solving approach
- This role will ensure that work is being performed safely, as designed, and to the highest quality standards.
- This role will perform daily safety and quality inspections, produce appropriate documentation, and implement corrective measures if required
- PMP Certified project management professional
- Graduate or post-graduate Engineer with Mechanical degree and 20 to 25-year experience in project management and construction supervision of petrochemical, refinery, power plant (including gasification plant) and cross-country piping.
- Hands-on experience in delivering large scale multi-million-dollar projects in record timeframes.
- Experience in project management, Control, Co-ordination, Planning, Construction execution, including hands in contracts / Bidding, Review/ finalisation of engineering, etc for hydrocarbon projects of Pipelines, Piping / Process Piping, Mechanical constructions, Equipment, Structural, with Associated works of civil / E&I /Telecom/ Fire Fighting systems / gas detection system / CP works.
- Ability to work closely and effectively with all levels within the organization as well as with outside agencies such as Licensor, Consultants, Vendors, Contractors and Statutory Authorities.
- Demonstrated team building, relationship building and communication skills. Strong experience in working closely with various cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and motivating team members so as to achieve project objectives. Should have assisted the team to resolve conflicts.
- Ethical and loyal, and can be relied upon for maintaining high degree of confidentiality
- Experience of working in Nigeria and other African countries would be given preference
- In-depth experience with mechanical, process piping, and equipment installation in an industrial setting is essential.
- Mechanical Engineering, Project Management, Construction, Installation
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love