Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Epson Corporation, commonly known as Epson, is a Japanese electronics company and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of computer printers, and information and imaging related equipment. Headquartered in Suwa, Nagano, Japan, the company has numerous subsidiaries worldwide and manufactures inkjet, dot matrix and laser printers, scanners, desktop compu…
Read more about this company
Market Development Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
About the Job
- Working in Nigeria and developing markets you will be responsible for emerging territory’s growth, this role is designed to capitalise on opportunities for demonstration, training and showcasing Epson products. You will be Epson product evangelist for the region.
- The Market Development Manager role will provide demonstration and training support on all Epson products to market. The role will need to understand the customer/partner requirements, align and put them in scope with Epson’s product portfolio to provide demonstration, training and support and identify new new market and business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a market development strategy, including a detailed market analysis (TAM, SAM, SOM) and a mid-term business plan
- Define a clear value proposition and product positioning for specific segments/regions/channel partners and create the whole Go-to-Market strategy for new product launches.
- Develop direct contact with key targeted end-users and identify opportunities for business development across designated markets
- Coordinate closely with the Product Management teams to develop innovative and impactful collateral materials that communicate the value proposition to specific segments/regions.
- Follow market trends, visit relevant industry events and maintain relationships with key industry partners and customers.
- Develop an understanding of the market across a broard range of vertical B2B sectors relevant to the designated product group and develop appropriate propositions for Epson products to address these markets and customer requirements. Delivering more value to customers through optimally defined profitable solutions
- Recruit value adding partners onto our +Plus Partner Programmes within specified criteria and motivate them to build profitable business based on Epson products
- Be the first point of engagement for end user enquiries
- Implement an active programme of demonstration/training for key end-users
- Take an active role at demo exhibitions and events to maximize customer engagement for the designated product group.
- In conjunction with the sales team, formulate a product / system proposal delivering more value to customers at better margins through optimally defined solutions.
- Co-ordinate the feedback of information and market intelligence to sales and Business Management to support the development of a balanced pipeline of opportunities for the business.
Skills and Experience:
- The Market Development Manager must have specialist knowledge in the markets and products for the market they will be investigating
- Must have the ability to identify the opportunities and the analytical skills to interpret and translate this data / information into a comprehensive market approach
- Must have strong communication skills to convince stakeholders both internally and externally and be the focal point to get the consensus on how to approach this market.
- Must understand channels and other partnering to define the most effective route to market for new products.
- Ideally educated to degree level in technical specialism.
- Computer literate in Windows server environment
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Innovative, but logical approach to problem solving with a solution orientation
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love