Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
BrandCo’s core focus is to identify high-street brands that appeal to the urban African consumer and offer these through world class retail experiences. We take time to understand a brand’s offering and how it can be tailored to consumer’s shopping habits and preferences in our target markets. Through our dedicated customer service and unique product range w…
Read more about this company
Internal Control & Risk Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
BrandCo, a subsidiary of L.A.T Cleveson, is a retail and distribution company based in Lagos, Nigeria. Its core focus is to identify high-street brands that appeal to the urban African consumer and offer these through world-class retail experiences, both online and instore. BrandCo is the official franchise owner of Skechers and Havaianas in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa.
Having stores in several locations across West Africa and an e-commerce expression “bCODE”, BrandCo keeps redefining the narrative of the wellness fashion and lifestyle industry.
About The Role
We’re looking for an experienced Internal Control & Risk Officer to partner with our team at our Head Office in Lagos.
The Internal Control & Risk Officer will be responsible for the internal control function of the organization; plan and conduct the operational, financial and regulatory compliance to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls and organizational risk.
- Analyse daily financial statements & bank reconciliations and provide standard monthly report for Management.
- Responsible for the audit of daily sales transactions to ensure proper documentation and compliance issue.
- Responsible for the audit of all stock movement and transfers between stores.
- Evaluate compliance with existing policies and procedures, identifying and proposing modifications as needed.
- Provide guidance to internal stakeholders regarding best internal control practices that minimize risk to the company.
- Identify risks associated with the business objectives and evaluate the controls in place to mitigate those risks.
- Understand the risk profile of the company, develop and maintain a risk-based audit plan for the company.
- Minimum of BSc. degree in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics or any related field
- 3-5 years of progressive internal control experience
- Relevant professional certification e.g. ICAN, ACCA is compulsory
- Retail experience is highly desirable
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should send their CVs to email@example.com.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love