Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The Institute of Human Virology, Nigeria (IHVN) was established in 2004 as an affiliate of the Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore in the United States of America. It has grown to become a leading local non-governmental organization addressing the HIV/AIDS crises in Nigeria through the development of infrastructu…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- Research Data Manager
- State TB Technical Advisor
- Method of Application
Research Data Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Data Science / Research
Reporting: Data manager reports directly to the Principal Investigator
- The Research Data Manager will be responsible for the coordination of study data collection and collation, CaPS research database management and study data analysis and reporting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Data Manager include:
- Adapting and designing study data collection tools.
- Deploying and distributing study data tools.
- Designing of a research database platform which is relevant to the study and captures all indicators and outcome measures.
- Ensuring that incoming data from study sites is collected and entered into study database in a timely manner.
- Performing routine data quality checks, data gap analyses, and data backup.
- Preparing scheduled and ad hoc data reports as requested by the Principal Investigator.
- Attending training sessions and study meetings as required.
- Training research staff on proper use of data collection tools.
- Carrying out research database management.
- Handling qualitative data coding and analysis.
- Archiving and storing of all study data files.
- Any other duties as directed by the Principal Investigator.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Epidemiology, Public Health Information Management or related fields.
- Two years’ experience in data management in HIV programming and/or research project.
- Proven proficiency in statistical (eg STATA, SAS, SPSS, and/or R) and Microsoft packages (particularly Excel and Access).
- Ability to generate data tables, charts, graphs will be a key requirement.
Experience and Skills:
- Mature interpersonal and communication skills; ability to integrate into the team and maturely manage interpersonal conflict and personality differences is important.
- An analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to absorb new tasks as they arise and are assigned.
- Participation in research study or any HIV intervention supported by PEPFAR or other related donors is an advantage.
- Original project period for the CaPS study is for two years (December 2019 to November 2021) with planned extension of timeline due to COVID-19 delays.
- The successful applicant will be hired on an initial six month trial period which can be terminated if performance is deemed unsatisfactory.
- If six month trial period is satisfactory, successful applicant will be retained on contract, renewable every 6 months for the duration of the study and while funding is available.
- Must be a resident in the state of work, ie Federal Capital Territory/Abuja.
go to method of application »
State TB Technical Advisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Lagos , Ogun , Osun , Oyo
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Duration: 2 years Contract
Department: Office of the CEO
Reports to: COP TB-LON 3; STBLCO, NC NTBLCP
- The State TB Technical Advisors will support NTBLCP/STBLCPs and IHVN in deploying innovative strategies to find the missing TB cases, address issues related to quality of care, improved TB surveillance activities, data management and use, program management, as well as dissemination of lessons learnt and success stories.
As a State TB Technical Advisor, s/he will:
- Support STBLCPs in facilitating the development of annual work plans and reports, as well as the conduct of quarterly technical and partners review meetings to enhance program performance, maximize available resources and prevent duplication of activities
- Provide technical assistance to scale-up innovative interventions that will drive up TB case finding at facility and community levels, in both public and private health sectors
- Facilitate the notification of all diagnosed TB cases from all health facilities, both DOTS and non-DOTS in the public and private sector into the NTBLCP systems
- Ensure the engagement of non-NTBLCP entities such as SPHCDA, State & LGA DSNOs and umbrella bodies of the Private Health Providers in TB surveillance, including integration of TB reporting in existing surveillance systems
- Ensure the dissemination of Policy and operational documents from NTBLCP to field workers, with continuous hands-on mentoring to ensure their use
- Support the documentation and dissemination of lessons learnt on the Project as well as in the State TB program, and develop periodic updates of Action Plans to mitigate against the effect of catastrophic events such as the COVID-19 pandemic
- Facilitate weekly/monthly Project/State TB Cascade and performance reviews, deep dive into granular data and gap analysis using a hands-on approach, and also establish a feedback mechanism to support decision making (including the development of LGA score-cards), creating linkages for strengthened oversight form NTBLCP
- Support NTBLCP and STBLCPs in preparations for and implementation of Zonal and Annual review meetings
- Provide TA for quarterly data collation, harmonization and validation meetings at the LGA and State levels and also ensure complete reporting from the community
- Document and share experiences from TB-LON 3 intervention with the STBLCP and NTBLCP in order to improve performance across board
- Provide direct capacity building on technical areas, M&E, leadership and project management for low-performing LGAs, new State program managers and LON Project staff.
- First Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Pharmacy, Public Health, Epidemiology and Health Program Planning and Management
- Master’s or higher Degree in Public Health and Community Medicine preferred
- At least five years of professional experience in TB operational plan development and planning, program management and implementation in Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and Osun States
- Practical experience in developing and managing partnerships, including brokering public-private partnerships
- Proven experience in leadership, capacity building, planning and management
- Demonstrable experience in successful implementation of USAID or other donor-funded programs designed to strengthen the health sector at national and/or sub-national government levels
- Experience in working with key stakeholders in Nigeria, particularly in the South West States.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong coordination, planning, and supervisory skills
- Strong networking and representational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English as well as presentation skills, with proven experience in analyzing data and developing PowerPoint presentations and other reports
- Competent with operational plan development, implementation and evaluation of results
- Comfortable planning and delivering multiple activities under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to identify and develop relevant areas of work
- Able to communicate complex issues in a concise, accessible and engaging manner.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one page Cover Letter as one MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to the “Deputy Director, Human Resources” through this email address: email@example.com
- Applications must explicitly state the position applied for in the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love