Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Atlantic Hall is a co-educational full boarding secondary school set in extensive and beautiful grounds in Poka, Epe, a safe rural setting close to the Atlantic Ocean.
The school has chosen to maintain its existing population of about 650 pupils between the ages of 10-17 and has a staff-student ratio of 9/1 to allow for optimum learning and to ensure each…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
The Board Secretary records meetings and conference calls and distributes this information appropriately. The Board Secretary assists in preparing agendas and serves as the archivist in making sure all historical records are filed, documents and kept up to date.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- First degree in Secretarial Studies, Mass Communication, English or any other discipline
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a reputable organization.
- Not less than 35 years old.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A company secretarial qualification would be an added advantage.
- Candidate must be matured with high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- High level of innovativeness, resourcefulness, and possession of strong organization and problem-solving skills required to work with board members.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organise and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent planning skills
- Accurate reporting skills
- Ability to proof read documents to a high standard
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to efficiently work under pressure
- Fast and accurate typing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Excellent record keeping and file management skills
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Provide comprehensive company secretarial service to the organisation
- Approve and coordinate the execution of the department’s work program and plans.
- Ensure the department maintains custody of all original contract documents as well as securities documents.
- Prepare and circulate board papers for all Board and Board committee meetings.
- Supervise the preparation of all agendas, notices, proxies, waivers of notice and subsequent correspondence in connection with meetings.
- Ensure the administration of the organisation’s corporate governance architecture.
- Organise logistics and facilitate Board and Board Committee meetings.
- Record and circulate minutes of the meeting of the board and its various committees.
- Ensure compliance with Board’s decisions and directives.
- Ensure timely processing of all Board entitlements.
- Keep board directors and executive management up to date with governance issues which directly or indirectly affect the organisation.
- Supervise the maintenance of all statutory registers, ensuring that they are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure that all necessary statutory forms, statutory year-end accounts and returns are made under relevant legislation and filed with the relevant regulatory authorities.
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the department’s policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities.
- Review and authorise key expenditures and transactions in line with the approved budget and authority limit.
- Review departmental performance and conduct performance appraisal of unit heads.
- Prepare and submit activity and performance reports to the Board Chairman.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Board Chairman.
- Prepares minutes for permanent records following meetings. Collaborates with the Board Chairman.
- Circulates approved minutes to the Board members
- Updates and maintains the Board Contact List. and circulates to BOD members and the AEE Office.
- Facilitates the updating of Board members bios and pictures on the website
- As Board Secretary, you will be responsible for keeping the working documents such as the Policy Register and Board Procedures Manual up to date and current. · Maintains meeting schedules. Requires thorough follow through with little to no room for errors.
- Assists with preparation for meetings/ presentations/documents
- Prepares materials for internal meetings and takes meeting notes and distributes
- Takes telephone messages and draft email responses
- Ensures agendas are distributed in time for effective meetings
- Performs other appropriate duties and participates in other special projects as assigned.
- Serves as a liaison to other departments
- Maintains all files/folders.
· Maintains and update important contact information
- Manages sensitive and highly confidential information with discretion and the utmost level of confidentiality.
- Work under tight deadlines, remain aware of shifting priorities, anticipate last second changes and make necessary adjustments; always having a plan B in place.
- Prioritize functions and appointments, ensuring that meetings, deadlines presentations and other duties of the Board Chairman are carried out seamlessly.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love