Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Sigma Consult is a key player in business consulting and advisory services within Nigeria with focus on the healthcare industry. We bridge gaps between inputs and outputs thereby increasing the productivity of its clients.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We are looking for a dedicated Sonographer to assist our Doctors with diagnosing and monitoring various conditions, such as pregnancy, and diseases, such as cancer.
- The Sonographer works directly with patients and uses sonographic equipment to record images of the motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, tissues, and bodily masses as well as looking at unborn fetuses in prenatal care.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of blood, organs, tissues and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations.
- Obtain and record accurate patient history, including prior test results and information from physical examinations.
- Provide sonogram and written summary of technical findings to physician for use in medical diagnosis.
- Observe screen during scan to ensure that image produced is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes, making adjustments to equipment as required.
- Prepare patient for examination by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly.
- Record and store suitable images, using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment.
- Maintain records that include patient information, sonographs and interpretations, files of correspondence, publications and regulations, and quality assurance records (e.g., pathology, biopsy, post-operative reports).
- Coordinate work with physicians and other health-care team members, including providing assistance during invasive procedures.
- A degree or equivalent in Sonography.
- Must be registered with Sonography / Radiology Registration Board of Nigeria.
- 2+ years working experience.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good communication Skills.
- Good organizational skills.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love