Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while signif…
Read more about this company
Senior Financial Analyst
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- Daystar Power Group is looking to engage a competent Senior Financial Analyst to assist the Executive Management with detailed and meaningful information on the financial strategy and performance of the Company.
- This includes preparing budgets, analysing and monitoring performance, supporting the fundraising process, and managing investor requirements.
- We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Financial Planning & Analysis:
- Facilitate the budgeting process for the departments and business units within the Group.
- Establish process for monitoring and reviewing budget performance.
- Develop financial forecasts that support business growth and liquidity management.
- Perform deep-dive analysis of the Group’s portfolio using both financial and non-financial performance indicators.
- Prepare profitability analysis of different operating segments of the business.
- Build robust financial dashboards (preferably using PowerBI) that provide deeper insights on the Company’s performance.
- Provide regular monitoring of performance across the Group, including the review of monthly operating results and return on investment.
- Identify and escalate key risk issues that may impact the achievement of the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Assist with preparation of reporting packs for Board meetings.
Fundraising & Investor Relations:
- Maintain a robust and up-to-date Virtual Data Room (VDR) that includes comprehensive information about the Company for prospective and existing investors.
- Lead the financial due-diligence process conducted by potential investors.
- Build advanced financial models that demonstrate the Company’s growth and profitability plans.
- Assist with preparing documents associated with fund-raising including pitch decks and investment memos.
- Prepare regular reports for investors and other financiers e.g., covenant reporting.
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s Investment Policy and other associated policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including investors, bankers, consultants, etc.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines – Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics & Statistics.
- MBA is highly preferred. Professional qualifications like ACCA, ICAN, and CFA will be an added advantage.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar role in a Big 4 firm, investment bank or consulting firm will be a plus.
- Language Proficiency: English (with good communication skills and accurate reporting skills).
- Proactive self-starter and pays attention to details.
- Self-motivated and demonstrate a sense of ownership with high level of commitment and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Passionate leader with excellent team leadership skills.
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands, passion for renewable energy.
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills with ability to pay attention to details. Experience using Business Intelligence tools e.g., PowerBI and Tableau, will be an added advantage
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Advanced communication, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Ability to work independently but also work with others in a fast-paced environment
- Highly inquisitive mindset
- Strong presentation and business writing skills
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint in particular).
- Agility: the ability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change, uncertainty and business opportunity.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love