Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Bauchi
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
- The Grants Manager will report and provide support to the Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) to ensure efficient and effective management of project grant funds.
- The Grants Manager will assume the overall responsibility for the management of the program grants portfolio in compliance with USAID and DAI rules and directives.
- The Grants Manager will provide technical oversight, quality assurance, and support to the the state-level Grant Officers.
The Grants Manager will:
- Provide procedures and policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees to ensure adherence to grant management policies.
- Analyze and evaluate grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies.
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for sub-grants.
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
- Prepare grant agreements and assist with supervision/implementation of grant, including closure and disposition plans.
- Monitor grantees and subcontracting organizations to confirm that funds allocated are used for specified purposes.
- Monitor the procurement process under the grant to ensure competitiveness and compliance
- Prepare regular reports on grants to Chief of Party.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in grants design and administration (experience with grants award and grants management as well as prior experience in the award and administration of subcontracts), preferably in the good governance sector.
- Working knowledge of USAID Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures required.
- Experience in implementing grant policies and procedures required.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of organizations, beneficiaries, and related parties.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Applicants are also requested to state clearly in the subject line of their emails for what position they are applying.
- Applications from women, differently-abled persons and young people who meet the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love