Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
BGI Energy Services Ltd (formerly known as Broad Global Investment Ltd.) is a service provider to the oil and gas industry in Nigeria.
The company was incorporated in 1991, aiming at curbing the technical deficiencies and hitches in construction, measurement, calibration & standardization, measuring facilities and instruments in the oil and gas sect…
Read more about this company
Welder and Fitter (Structural Steel and Piping Fabrication)
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification Vocational
- Experience 5 years
- Location Rivers
- City Port Harcourt
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Contract
For the project, the successful candidate:
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
- Cuts workpiece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
- Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
- Installs or repairs equipment, such as lead pipes, valves, floors, and tank linings.
- Observes tests on welded surfaces, such as hydrostatic, x-ray, and dimension tolerance to evaluate weld quality and conformance to specifications.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from workpiece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts.
- Determines required equipment and welding method, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry, and welding techniques.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Relevant trade certification and qualifications with minimum of 5 years active working experience in the steel fabrication, construction and welding industry
- Additional technical and professional training would be desirable.
- Excellent Job task planning and organizing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org The Subject of the mail should be “Welders and Fitters (Structural Steel and Piping Fabrication)”
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love