Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Read more about this company
Maternal and Child Health Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 – 3 years
- Location Yobe
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare  , NGO/Non-Profit
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Direct Line Manager: Sector Manager-Nutrition and Health
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is recruiting for a Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Officer who will be responsible for the implementation of Maternal and Child Health activities throughout the Health Resilience of North East Nigeria (HeRoN) Project (Nutrition, Health and WASH in the health facilities) component of the project.
- Provide onsite and offsite training for health care providers to ensure the quality of care at the health facilities;
- Ensure health facilities have necessary guidelines, tools, reference to implement Maternal and Child Health services in the facilities;
- To coordinate with LGA officials to share plan and implementation of the Maternal and Child Health activities;
- Help to identify methods that enhance partnership & coordination with government official and local communities, internal integration within sectors and programs (Health, Nutrition, WASH, etc.);
- Provide regular support to the Project Manager to implement the filed activities at health facilities and community level;
- Share reports and finding on a weekly basis to provide help in the compilation of quality reports with an overview of activities and contextual updates, and quantitative indicator follow-up and submit to supervisor for consolidation;
- Ensure that all project-related data and information shared are correct, updated, organized, properly documented and accessible to the supervisor;
- Represent AAH with local authorities, partners and other program stakeholders at LGA level.
- HND / Degree in Community Health Extension, Public Health and other related qualifications;
- At least two to three years of proven experience in humanitarian contexts;
- Demonstrated knowledge in Nutrition/Health and WASH programming and community engagement;
- Capacity to work in a team of diverse culture;
- Result-oriented with strong organization, communication and planning skills;
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills) and Hausa preferably.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 211,441 per month.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
Method of Application
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested and qualified? Go to Action Against Hunger | ACF-International on acfinternational.applytojob.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love