Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) helps organisations and individuals create the value they’re looking for. We’re a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.com.
In Africa we’re the largest provider of prof…
Read more about this company
Internal Audit Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reference Number: 130-PEO01151
Department: People & Change Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
Roles & Responsibilities
- The Internal Audit Manager will work effectively to strengthen the audit function and ensure successful execution of all audit assignments
- The role will provide assurance to senior management on the effectiveness or otherwise of the company’s risk management, processes and systems
- It will also oversee planning, execution and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits / reviews as well as ensure strict adherence to policies and procedures.
- Conduct internal audit reviews (manage resources and audit assignments).
- Coordinate Enterprise Risk management activities to ensure organisational objectives are achieved on the corporate level.
- Perform corporate governance functions assigned in the Board committees on behalf of management.
- Ensure regular inspection of company locations in accordance with company and regulatory policies to meet relevant staff and obtain documents and information.
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of effectiveness and efficiency of policies, procedures and processes across the Company and identify improvement opportunities.
- Develop control and compliance policies/frameworks, procedures, programs and manuals.
- Ensure adherence to the organisation’s policies and procedures.
- Plan financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Contribute, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Coordinate investigations into suspected fraudulent practices across the organisation and recommend the appropriate line of action.
- Conduct risk assessments and identify controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Link risk assessment activity to the development of a strong annual compliance work plan.
- Manage work with risk, legal, compliance and other control-related activities.
- Analyse and conclude on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment. Identify control gaps and opportunities for improvement. Work closely with other auditors and process owners to identify process improvement opportunities and effective internal controls.
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Documents audit procedures and conclusions through the preparation of detailed and fully supported work-papers.
- First Degree in a Finance related field
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA) and familiarity on IAS / IFRS Standard (CISA degree is a strong advantage)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in an accounting/auditing role, out of which at least 5 years should be in a manufacturing company
- Strong knowledge of risk management techniques, policy formulation and regulation
- Demonstrable understanding of auditing & investigation standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations as well as advanced business finance and performance analysis
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical standards and high level of integrity
- Firm and consistent in approach, keeping corporate governance and compliance at highest levels
- Advanced computer skills – MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Knowledge of statutory and regulatory issues as well as Global best practices in audit & compliance
- Strong negotiating skills.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality.
- Strong oral, written, interpersonal relations and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful and strategic advice and input across the company and on the executive team.
- Creative and forward-thinking.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love