Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Action Against Hunger | ACF International, a global humanitarian organization committed to ending world hunger, works to save the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Read more about this company
Human Resource Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Yobe
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Depart: Human Resources
Level: Manager / Supervisor
Starting date: As soon as possible
Direct Line Manager: Operations Support Coordinator
- Implement staff regulations and related policies; proposing change when necessary, in order to ensure on-going compliance with national labor laws.;
- Ensure that Action Against Hunger risk management policies, core values and charter are applied.
- Monitor the compliance of AAH staff policies and procedures in addition to the Labor Laws of Nigeria at field level.
- Advise the Operations Support Coordinator and managers on disciplinary measures and procedures when required;
- Ensure staff are compliant with all national HR regulations including coordination with relevant internal and external stakeholders to ensure the validity of all international staff visas;
- Oversee staff compensation and benefits administration;
- Regular follow-up of the recruitment process with all hiring managers, participate in interviews when necessary and implement best HR recruitment practice;
- Update the base-specific contract calendar and ensure that timely renewals and notices are received by all staff;
- Conduct regular spot check on HR files;
- Lead the implementation of AAH performance management system at the field level which includes but are not limited to compilation of completed appraisals including track performance appraisal following the appraisal calendar.
- Effective supervision of HR team and contribute to the professional development of HR team members and assist in training staff in the use of all HR tools, systems and policies as required.
- Compile monthly HR reports related to all aspects of HR.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, or social sciences, or related discipline preferred. Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage.
- At least 4 years of professional experience across all HR disciplines, including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation and conflict resolution.
- Must be comfortable explaining complex technical & procedural requirements in a non technical manner;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (high proficiency in Excel); comfortable working with computers with minimal IT support;
- Ability to work in a stressful environment, taking initiative & prioritizing multiple tasks with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills;
- A genuine interest in & commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work both independently & as a member of a team;
- Fluent written & spoken English.
- Proven ability to implement best HR practice.
- Previous experience working for INGOs an asset, with a big base (100 to 200 staff) handling experience.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
Minimum Basic Salary
N424, 310 Per Month.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love