Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Our mission is to power a new wave of prosperity across Africa. By enabling global digital payments on a continent that’s been largely cut off from the digital economy, we’re creating the infrastructure to power Africa’s growth in the 21st Century.
Founded in 2016 by a team of ex-bankers, entrepreneurs and engineers, we provide the under…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
About the Financial Controller Role
- We are looking for driven, passionate and committed individuals to join the team as we grow and expand across Africa and beyond.
- As our Financial Controller, your primary responsibility will be to supervise daily book-keeping on our ERP system, prepare monthly management reports, provide inputs in relation to statutory audits in all operational countries, etc.
- The Finance Controller will report directly to the Global Head of Financial Operations and Head of Finance for Africa. Interacting with the Company’s financial data to provide timely and accurate information and analysis to Management that will aid efficient and effective strategic decision making.
What Your Day to Day Activities Will Be Like
- Take full ownership of the end-to-end accounting process, including review of daily postings on the ERP system, revenue and cost of service recognition, verification of source data from various departments to be used in the book-keeping process, oversight of monthly bank reconciliations, etc.
- Coordination and Preparation of financial statements, including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cashflows.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Coordinating external audit engagements for each operating entity.
- Training, Retaining, and Mentoring skilled accounting staff.
- Attending to any other ad-hoc accounting-related request.
Required Competency and Skillset to be a Waver
- CPA/ACCA/ACA certification
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, such as SAP Business ByDesign.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, with at least 5 years post qualification experience. Experience in the financial services industry a plus.
- Excellent understanding of revenue and cost of service recognition for a payment processing enterprise.
- Hands-on approach to problem-solving
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
- An organized self-manager, with ability to lead a team
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient with MS offiice (Excel and Word).
Method of Application
Need Help? we are happy to support – Contact us at: email@example.com
Interested and qualified? Go to Flutterwave on careers.flutterwave.com to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love