Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
History and vision: Created in June 2012 and formally incorporated as La Fayette Microfinance Bank Ltd, Advans Nigeria is the seventh greenfield of the Advans Network. Advans Nigeria’s objective is to target MSMEs in urban areas of Nigeria, where market studies have shown that only one in ten entrepreneurs has access to credit.
Network: Advans Niger…
Read more about this company
Legal and Compliance Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Law / Legal
- Support to provide analysis on legal and policy issues
- Support in co-ordinating the writing and updating of processes, procedures and other guides relating to operations
- Review contracts, legal related documents, internal policies and ensure they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements
- Support to manage the Institution’s charged off loans and non- performing assets
- Provide legal counsel to recover outstanding debts from defaulting Customers.
- Conduct research into variety of legal issues.
- Examine and report newly published laws, acts and regulations and ascertaining how these affect the institution’s business
- Perfecting of legal documentation.
- Support in recommending operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Keep abreast with all government legislations and CBN policies that may affect operations and present opinion/advise on same
- Provide support for all Law Enforcement related matters when required to do so
- Support to develop comprehensive reports on matters that are to be instituted in Court
- Support to create necessary awareness on regulatory and supervisory provisions, circulars, directive and legislations affecting the bank’s operation and objectives
- Support to collaborate with HR department to provide periodic trainings for staff on Regulatory compliance.
- Follow up on approved recommendations of CBN, NDIC etc.
- Ensure full compliance of monthly reporting to regulatory bodies CBN, NDIC, EFCC, Credit bureaux.
- Prepare evaluation report on compliance to the management on monthly basis
- Education level: Degree in Law and a relevant Professional certification is an advantage.
Specific training required:
- Training on Company products and services.
Work experience required (domain and number of years):
- Must have a minimum of Four (4) years post call legal experience out of which minimum of twelve (12) months in a fnancial institution.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love