Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
MÃ©decins Sans FrontiÃ¨res (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation…
Read more about this company
- Open Jobs
- WATSAN Manager
- Personnel Development Manager
- Method of Application
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Borno
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration 3 (three) Months Renewable
Report to: (Hierarchical) Deputy Logco
Report to: (functional): Logistics Coordinator
- Planning, coordinating, implementing and monitoring of all logistic activities in the interventions of the emergency team NIMERT in relation to Water, Hygiene and Sanitation, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the activities.
- Responsible for the WASH part of NIMERT assessments and project proposals.
- Ensures the Watsan contribution to the development and planning of emergency response strategies and resources (budget), in collaboration with the rest of NIMERT team
- Designs, implements and manages all Watsan interventions in the first steps of the projects (including, but not limited to: water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control)
- Actively contributes to the integration of Watsan activities in the medical intervention. identifying possible “risk factors” (e.g. behavioral practices, environmental sources of infection, and transmission routes) and offers solutions for infection control.
- Ensures proper collection and monitoring of Watsan data. Ensures multidisciplinary data availability. Analyses data and reports regularly the results (as requested by line management)
- Supports the mission projects ensuring compliance with MSF standards and protocols:
- Visits to monitor watsan activities
- Conducs routine Watsan assessments in collaboration with project teams to identify Watsan needs at project level and makes recommendations for response activities to the line manager.
- Proposes work plans and programs (water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control) and any other pertinent WASH related activity)
- Reports to the Field Coordinators and on the development of the ongoing programmes
- Ensures availability, proper purchases, and appropriate technical specifications of required materials and equipment through planning, organizing and overseeing the inventory of the Watsan stock(EPREP)
- In collaboration with the Field Coordinators, Logistics Coordinator and the HR Coordinator, participates in the planning and implementation of HR associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing / debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential areas of development and communication) of the staff under his / her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required to correctly perform all logistics activities pertaining to his area
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities:
- Revises and refreshes knowledge of the logistic staff on watsan topics in order to ensure proper monitoring and supervisions of the watsan related duties.
- Ensures that the essential requirements and protocols are in place and work on their implementation.
- Builds and strenghens the capacity of the logistic staff on watsan related activities.
- Provides full WATSAN support to projects whenever necessary.
- Networking with other WASH organisation in Borno State and other places where Nimert areas of Interventions. Ensure good knowledge of WASH stocks from other INGOs in Borno state.
- Design and installation of WASH equipments for improvements of water and sanitation in projects and Nimert areas of intervension.
- Make proposals of WASH improvements in MSF Spain projects,
- Participate in different WASH activities for MSF spain.
- Trainings and Follow up of WASH activities in projects.
- Academic background in Engineering or an equivalent relevant training
- Watsan in Emergencies Training within MSF is strongly recommended
- Previous experience in technical aspects of water and sanitation works.
- Minimum of 1-year of hands-on field emergency WHS professional experience in a humanitarian or international development setting
- Desirable: experience in or familiar with implementing and promoting the use of two or more of the following activities (water supply, excreta disposal, waste and waste water management, vector control, and dead bodies management during cholera outbreak) in two or more different contexts (conflicts, natural disasters, refugee / IDP camps, etc.)
- Desirable: public health experience
- English and Hausa essential
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to MSF Participles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress management, Analytical thinking, Results and Quality Orientation, Service orientation, Planning and organizing, Teamwork and Cooperation, People Management and Development, Security awareness and Management
According to OCBA salary grid scale (National contract).
go to method of application »
Personnel Development Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Location: Maiduguri, with extended visits to projects in Pulka, Gwoza, Zamfara and Abuja
Report to (Hierarchical): Human Resources Coordinator
Report to (functional): Human Resources Coordinator / Development Unit HQ
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
No of Places: 01 (one)
Contract Duration: 12 (twelve) Months Renewable
- Is responsible for ensuring the HR capacity required, sizing and improving people capabilities, contribution and active participation in order to achieve Nigeria Mission goals effectively. This will be done according to MSF human resources vision and values.
- Knows NIGERIA MISSION recruitment and development policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context and ensure an equitable, fair, transparent, efficient and accountable implementation throughout the Mission by all relevant people in the mission
- Provide expertise to all people involved in recruitment process on how to lead it properly with the aim of recruiting professionals and people with potentials to be developed.
- Ensures alignment with existing policies and provides expert support to coordinators, activity managers and supervisors in recruiting and developing people under their supervision: first screening of CVs, interview methods, content, detection of potentials, best practices, PMS, alignment of development with operational objectives, etc.
- Knows OC’s induction policies, procedures and tools, adapt them to the Mission’s context and ensure its proper implementation for all newly recruited/arrived staff and for previously hired staff in the Mission who had no access to them when being recruited.
- Ensures (together with the coordinator/supervisors/activity manager) that pre-established specific preparation or specific briefings for newly recruited/arrived staff on the basis of the profile sheet received (OCBA) or development plan are properly done in due time.
- Ensure that all newly recruited/arrived staff receive a briefing agenda upon recruitment/arrival and that they are properly briefed by her/his hierarchical and functional supervisor (if applicable) and receive all the due information according to the established procedures standard briefing content.
- Follow up the quality and impact of whole briefing and induction processes, collects data and suggest improvements to HRCo if advisable.
- Suggests career paths and support plans for specific persons to HRCo and line managers, ensuring a proper liaison with the Operational needs and objectives set, the results of PMS, the training possibilities (local, international, intersectional, regional, etc.) and the potentials identified.
- Together with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to create and implement a mission training policy adapted to the Mission in order to respond to the needs identified among the staff, prioritizing those needed to ensure the Operational objectives set.
- Together with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, contributes to the identification of training options at local / regional / international / intersectional level, and provide expertise upon request to line managers with regards to the assessment of training needs within the teams they supervise.
- In close collaboration with HRCo, HRO/REHUCO and Training Unit in HQ, ensures proper implementation of the Training Policy, procedures and tools in the Mission and support and develop training for Coordinators/supervisors/activity managers (i.e. HR Management, PMS, etc.)
- Support and empower administration managers and HR/administration staff of the Mission in her/his area of expertise (i.e. recruitment, development, induction, detection of talent, training, etc.)
- Provide expertise and support to all coordinators/supervisors/activity managers on how to implement PMS (tool , method, setting up objectives, follow up of action plan and best practices) with the aim to evaluate and develop competencies of the staff they supervise.
- Look for synergy/exchanges with other MSF sections and other NGOs in terms of trainings, coachings and other development tools
- Collaborate with HRCo in building/updating the annual plan and budget, with regards to her/his area of work and responsibilities.
- Shares with HRCo all information/suggestions/activities which may have an impact in planning, budget or HR strategies (i.e. suggested career path, requested trainings, development events, mobility, etc.), and does not im-plement them without previous authorization of HRCo.
- University Degree; diploma/further studies in Human Resources or (Organizational) Psychology.
- Essential work experience of at least 2 years in a similar position (Responsible of Training and Development, HRM etc).
- Essential experience with MSF as development manager, HRCo or similar HR role
- Experience leading recruitment and development activities
- MSF experience in HR position is an advantage
- Desirable previous experience in MSF or other NGO
- English and Hausa Essential
- People Management,
According to OCBA salary grid scale (National contract)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV, Motivation Letter, copies of Credentials and NYSC (only PDF or Word) either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF Encourages Women and People with Disability Status to Apply.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love