Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Proten is an international Human Capital Development firm that offers a wide range of Training, Coaching and Consulting services to individuals, small businesses and corporate and governmental organisations. Our client base spreads across Europe and Africa with head offices in London, United Kingdom and Lagos, Nigeria. Human Capital is undoubtedly one of the…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 15 – 18 years
- Location Rivers
- City Port Harcourt
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
Location: Portharcourt, Rivers
Client industry: Petrochemical sector
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement processes and procedures in support of a seamless employee relations strategy.
- Champion the development and promotion of a corporate culture that emphasizes and reward hard work, trust, commitment, integrity, teamwork, respect, creativity and customer value satisfying behavior.
- Manage the communication system and process to ensure adequate awareness and buy-in among employees on appropriate company-related issues.
- Provide advice and consultative services on industrial and labor concerns, for both unionized and non-unionized employee groups to promote good industrial relations across all the regions.
- Provide advice to line managers and supervisors on matters pertaining to grievance procedures. Counsel all levels of employees regarding conflicts/problems that arise in the workplace.
- Provide adequate liaison with third parties on outsourced services such as security and medical, to ensure service and cost-effectiveness.
- Facilitate appropriate negotiation and consultation with external stakeholders in Labour such as the Ministry of Labour, Nigeria Employee Consultative Forum and Chartered Institute of Personal Management.
- Monitor and ensure organization’s compliance with government regulations in labour matters.
- Generate monthly disciplinary reports and communicate learning points to the organization document for process improvements.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Case law, legislation Regulations and update Company policies, procedures accordingly.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanities or any other related field. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15-18 years working experience in a unionized environment
- Membership of relevant professional bodies (CIPM or CIPD)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skill.
- Experience in conflict resolution management and collective Bargaining.
- Teamwork with ability of multi-tasking.
- Open-minded, Organizing, problem-solving.
- Computer literacy
- NGN6,500,000 – 7,000,000 Yearly.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love