Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local …
Read more about this company
Finance & Administrative Specialist
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 years
- Location Adamawa , Bauchi , Ebonyi , Gombe , Sokoto
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
Start date: December 2020 – August 2025
The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
The Finance & Administrative Specialist position will manage the State finance/accounting and administrative activities.
- The Finance & Administrative Specialist will prepare relevant reports; ensures that all states transactions follow DAI/USAID standards, regulations and policies; Manage the states administration processes; collates financial and technical reports; ensures timely and accurate financial reporting, aligned with technical outcomes.
- S/he will be responsible for providing the Senior Accounting Manager and the Accountant with the appropriate financial and operating information as necessary; allocate project funds among the states various program activities; work closely with other departments in the state on problems involving accounting systems and financial planning.
- The incumbent will help establish and maintain adequate system controls to protect against financial misstatement, in accordance with applicable government accounting and administrative regulations; will support the Federal level in coordinating the state annual and other financial audits—including preparation of supporting schedules and information—respond to auditor questions and consolidate report formats; manage all banking activities including withdrawals, deposits, and preparation of all bank payments and checks.
- S/he will record all financial transactions in Field Accounting System (FAS) on daily bases; ensures accurate and timely processing of invoices, advances and reimbursements, checks, and wire transfer payments; upload the expenses into Oracle based on DAI’s schedule; Performs monthly bank reconciliations and routinely monitors bank account balances.
- This role will work with the Accountant to approve and distribute travel advance amounts based on S2S’s travel advance policy; audits travel requests and expense reports for accuracy and compliance; follows procedures to ensure accurate and timely payment and reconciliation of travel advances, reimbursements for staff and partner travel; reviews and monitors outstanding advances report by paying close attention to advances that have not been settled after 30 days of issuance.
The Finance & Administrative Specialist will report to the State Team Lead.
The Finance & Administrative Specialist will supervise the Administrative Assistant and Drivers
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- At least 8 years of experience in finance and accounting. Previous experiencing working on US Government funded projects highly preferred.
- Strong training, communications, and personnel management skills.
- Previous supervisory experience highly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Method of Application
Women, people with disabilities and young people are encouraged to apply. Please email all CVs to NigeriaGovernance@dai.com before the close of work on Friday 4th December 2020. IMPORTANT: Please list the title of the position and location you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love