Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Paradigm Initiative Nigeria (PIN) is a social enterprise that connects Nigerian youth with ICT-enabled opportunities. Having worked with government, civil society, private institutions and international organizations, PIN’s projects build on years of combined experience and focus on socio-economic development. Our projects include Capacity Building pro…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Other
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Reporting To: Communications Officer
- This position is responsible for supporting the Communications Officer to create and publish content, brainstorm ideas, and develop newsletters and other publications. The successful candidate will also write press releases, monitor media coverage and attend both external and internal events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Publish a variety of digital content with a focus on producing engaging web pages that are visually appealing and provide an overall rich experience for partners and visitors. Manage all postings to ensure content is on-brand and search- and social-optimized.
- Timely response to the communications needs of team members and providing timely updates regarding any ongoing project.
- Produce all email campaigns, solicit content from internal sources, and manage review, testing, and sending.
- Support digital execution and participate in digital advocacy – across email, website, print and social media – of programmes and projects across offices and Regions throughout the year.
- Develop and execute social and print media campaigns for key days, themes, and priority upcoming content.
- Create content for social media accounts, post regularly on each account and ensure engagement with our various audiences.
- Manage social ad campaigns and other promotions; track and share results for continuous improvement to targeting and segments.
- Promote new content, key pages, and calls-to-action across channels. Position content to target different segments and to fit the format and publishing requirements of each platform
- Coordinate and support communications projects, outreach, and products as needed
- Proofread and coordinate production of communications materials
- Support the development and maintenance of PIN’s website
- Research and collect information and data for content and communications strategy
- Compile and maintain media and community database
- Identify good stories and exercise good storytelling skills
- Other projects as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations, Journalism or any other related field
- At least 2 years of relevant communications experience; digital communications experience is highly preferred
- Experience publishing content on WordPress, Squarespace or other CMS platforms
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a strong communicator; have excellent written, presentation and oral communications in English
- Ability to understand, speak and write French will be an added advantage
- Attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time, deliverables and meet deadlines
- Must be a creative and strategic thinker with good judgement and ability to make independent decisions in a changing environment
- Software skills desired – WordPress, SquareSpace, MailChimp (or similar email service provider), offline and cloud-based productivity tools
- Graphic designs skill will be an added advantage
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively with others especially other team members.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a one-page statement of Interest, with a recent CV attached to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: The application will be open until November 30, 2020, but it will be filled as soon as we find the right fit. If you think you are the right fit, do not delay in sending in your application.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love