Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
DAI works on the frontlines of international development. Transforming ideas into action-action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Adamawa , Bauchi , Ebonyi , Gombe , Sokoto
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Start date: December 2020 – August 6, 2025 Background: The purpose of the five-year (2020-2025) “State Accountability, Transparency and Effectiveness” (“State2State”) Activity is to increase the accountability, transparency and effectiveness of selected state and local governments (LGAs) in Nigeria. This will be achieved by: strengthening governance systems (with a focus on public financial management [PFM] and procurement, as well as monitoring and evaluation) related to the delivery of services in key sectors (basic education, primary health care, and water, sanitation and hygiene [WASH]); increasing government responsiveness to citizen needs and priorities; and improving government and civil society capacity to manage conflict (through work on prevention, mitigation and reconciliation with the same sectoral partners, not stand-alone assistance to the police or judiciary). State2State will achieve this purpose by facilitating the strengthening of subnational governance systems in a sustainable manner, supporting the efforts of local reformers and building on locally-derived solutions including, to the extent possible, reforms already working in other parts of Nigeria.
Position Objectives: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the operational and administrative tasks in the field office. S/he will aid the project team to maintain smooth day-to-day office functions. He/she will be expected to coordinate closely with the Operations as well as Finance and Accounting teams and the home office administration staff.
- Handle routine administrative tasks, to include calls, mail, and electronic communications and routing messages and information to appropriate individuals.
- Support the security operations of the office premises, property therein, and the motor pool.
- Support procurement logistics by ensuring proper documentation is saved in project files in a timely manner.
- Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met.
- Perform regular spot audits of project files Support inventory management and disposition of project assets. Maintain office inventory trackers and coordinate equipment maintenance with the relevant departments.
- Coordinate logistical support and assist with project staff travel, such as hotel booking, ticket reservation, and car arrangement. Support office in distribution of invitations, letters, meeting minutes and other printed material as needed. Support office with printing, copying, and binding materials as needed. Assist operations and accounting staff with reviews of backup documentation using the finance checklists to ensure completeness, accuracy, and full compliance with DAI policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of information inputs for any financial reporting requirements, or internal reports as necessary. Other duties as assigned.
Reporting: The Administrative Assistant will report to the Financial Specialist (state offices) or to the Office Manager (Bauchi).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, public administration, economics, or other relevant field.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in an administrative support role.
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procuring goods.
- Strong analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Accuracy in with large amounts of data.
- Experience in security and operations.
Method of Application
Women, people with disabilities and young people are encouraged to apply. Please email all CVs to NigeriaGovernance@dai.com before the close of work on Friday 4th December 2020. IMPORTANT: Please list the title of the position and location you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love