Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Nigeria is Africa’s most populous country and the 7th most populous country in the world with over 175 million people. Nigeria has continued to grow, urbanize, and modernize and it is projected that at its current growth rate, it will reach a population of about 450 million people by 2050 and will be the 3rd most populous country in the world. However,…
Read more about this company
Hospital Medical Sales Representative
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Adamawa , Lagos , Sokoto
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Locations: Sokoto, Lagos, Yola
Reports to: The National Hospital Medical Sales Manager.
- DKT NIGERIA is set to recruit a Hospital Medical Sales Representative based in Sokoto. We are looking for a smart, dynamic, self-motivated and committed individual to fill this position:
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Identify target markets (Hospitals- public and private) with organizational strategy, utilizing familiarity with hospital operations and existing operations, structure, reporting tools and dashboards.
- Arrange appointments with doctors, pharmacists, and hospital medical teams, which may include prearranged appointments or regular ‘cold’ calling.
- Deliver presentations, medical detailing and clinical presentation to doctors, practice staff, nurses and pharmacists in hospitals in private and public sector.
- Build and maintain working relationships with medical staff and support administrative staff.
- Keep detailed records of all contacts and share with head-office on regular basis.
- Win new customers (hospitals / clinics, develop partner clinics, public sector facilities- General hospitals, Teaching hospitals, Governmental maternity clinics, Federal Medical centres and PHCs) as well as develop long-term relationships with existing ones.
- Develop working relationships with Ministries of Health with a view to supplying DKT products.
- Meet and if possible, exceed sales targets, regularly monitoring your business, itinerary and marketing plans to make sure you achieve this.
- Plan work schedules and weekly and monthly timetables and itinerary so that your assigned territory is well covered.
- Regularly attend company meetings, technical data presentations/trainings, briefings and sales review meetings to discuss target versus achievement, product promotion strategies, future sales planning, territory coverage, challenges.
- Keep up to date with the latest clinical data, marketing materials, product training slides and detailing aids/brochures supplied by the company and interpret, present, and discuss same with health professionals during presentations and visits.
- Achieve your assigned quota by taking a consultative approach to hospital sales, marketing and clinical demonstrations of all related products and programs.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers.
- Coordinate all issues with key customers (MOHs, public and private hospitals) between sales, supply chain, support / customer services, training, marketing and finance.
- Submit reports giving details of day’s work consisting of names of doctors, medical staff, pharmacies and so forth.
Qualification / Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy / Pharmacology / Biological and Pharmaceutical / Medical Sciences or related field is required
- 3-5 years’ experience as Hospital Medical Sales Representative or similar role for private and public hospitals
- Excellent communication, medical detailing, and presentation skills
- An outgoing and persuasive manner and negotiating skills.
- Sales and customer relationship skills
- Confidence, determination, and persistence
- Patience, self-motivation, and ability to use your initiative
- Planning, analytical, and organizational skills
- A flexible approach to work in order to adapt to various working hours, travelling and systems
- Results and target achievement oriented.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title and Prefered location” as subject of the email e.g: Hospital Medical Sales Representative – Sokoto, Hospital Medical Sales Representative – Yola or Hospital Medical Sales Representative – Lagos.
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love