Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
9Mobile is a Nigerian telecommunications services provider, currently operating in Nigeria. 9Mobile is formerly known as Etisalat Nigeria.
Read more about this company
Engineer – CS Core Operations
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Provide support on all operational core network equipment and facilitate PAT of newly integrated network elements.
- Perform core network maintenance activities on the network, node integration, network audit and network performance improvement.
- Perform operation and maintenance on core network elements to achieve network availability
- Facilitate the integrate of new core network nodes
- Provide support for the implementation of an effective operational and maintenance framework for core network
- Supervise change request implementations, fault escalations/resolution and ensure TTs are accurately closed within MTTR by core EOT team
- Participate in acceptance of new core network nodes
- Ensure effective supervision of vendor performance and other related activities (telecommunications equipment monitoring)
- Ensure effective implementation and maintenance of all SIP/E1-PRI connections
- Ensure routine and corrective maintenance on MSC/ HSS/ MGW/ STP/ SPS/ SBC/ U2000/ other CS core nodes.
- Generate incidence reports for core network occurrences weekly and monthly
- Implement software upgrades and hardware replacements on core networks
- Perform network impact analyses of change requests and software upgrades on core nodes
- Perform daily network traffic and KPI trend analysis reports
- Ensure core network spares availability
- Carry out periodic audits on core network nodes and B number analyses
- Participate in BSC and RNC integration into core network
- Definition, integration and migration of Cell sites
- Perform periodic service tests on the network.
- First degree or equivalent in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering and / or any other relevant discipline.
- At least two (2) years directly relevant post-NYSC work experience in core network operations and maintenance as an advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Good computer literacy (Good hands on with MS Office applications)
- Good reporting and communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Customer Focus
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love