Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Youngstars Foundation is one of Africa’s unique, life-changing youth organization operating in Abuja, Nigeria. From a weekly youth club in a local barber shop in 1995, Youngstars Foundation is growing to emerge as one of the lead youth non-profit that is building young people and strengthening youth organizations involved in development programs in Afr…
Read more about this company
Democracy Program Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 6 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Roles and responsibilities
Manage individual projects
- The post holder is accountable for the active and hands-on management of projects within the Democracy Programme.
- Monitoring partner spending and providing financial management of assigned projects, ensuring accurate monthly forecasting, quality assuring financial reports and invoices, ensuring reports are linked to verifiable activities reported in narrative reports, processing payments to implementing partners, and supporting audits, where relevant.
- Oversee monthly / quarterly narrative reporting of project activities for assigned projects, ensuring the reports arrive on time, are linked to amounts reported in financial reports, are of appropriate quality and have the required sign off by programme and policy leads
- Managing partner contracts and associated extensions or amendments, where necessary.
- Monitoring partner work plans, including providing constructive challenge to implementing partners (especially around effective organisation of activities).
- Monitoring project-level risks and ensuring appropriate mitigating action is taken and flagged to the Programme Manager.
- Overseeing project-level reviews and completion reports for assigned projects, ensuring the reports arrive on time, are of appropriate quality and have the required sign off by programme and policy leads.
- Engaging regularly with partners of assigned project, meeting project partners monthly, attending relevant workshops/monitoring visits and sharing knowledge internally to inform others of important events and, as necessary, seek their engagement.
- Ensuring updates and revisions of project level results framework for assigned projects.
- Ensuring cross cutting themes – including gender and human rights are appropriately addressed by projects as directed by the Programme Manager.
- Out of the box thinker and a doer
- Understanding of Democracy, gender and women development issues.
- Excellent verbal and interactive communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills including story writing and copy writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, Dropbox, Google Docs)
- Ability to multi-task, respond rapidly and work without supervision.
- Have sense of detail, positive and team spirit.
- 3-5 years’ experience
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love