Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for cultural relations.
The British Council creates international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and builds trust between them worldwide. We call this cultural relations.
We build trust and understanding for the UK to create a safer and more prosper…
Read more about this company
Business Assurance Manager
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja , Lagos
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Pay band: 6
Department: English and Exams
Contract type: Locally Engaged
The British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. We work in two ways – directly with individuals to transform their lives, and with governments and partners to make a bigger difference for the longer term, creating benefit for millions of people all over the world. We help young people to gain the skills, confidence and connections they are looking for to realise their potential and to participate in strong and inclusive communities. We support them to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications. Our work in arts and culture stimulates creative expression and exchange and nurtures creative enterprise. We connect the best of the UK with the world and the best of the world with the UK.
These connections lead to an understanding of each other’s strengths and of the challenges and values that we share. This builds trust between people in the UK and other nations which endures even when official relations may be strained. We work on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2019-20 we connected with 80 million people directly and with 791 million overall, including online and through our broadcasts and publications.
- To advocate and advise on corporate and awarding body requirements and risk mitigation measures for all Exams products in designated geographies within the country, resulting in increased levels of compliance and improved risk management.
Opportunities / Challenges:
- Ensure corporate and awarding body compliance standards for all products and risk management measures are advocated and embedded throughout the Country in general, and in particular geographies agreed for specific targeted support within Country.
- Ensure the exams incident management/response process is embedded in the specific country of focus, so that incidents are managed efficiently, timely and professionally to instil awarding body confidence.
- English Proficiency
- Degree level education
- Experience of contributing to a geographically dispersed team (e.g. across a large country)
- Successful demonstration of adhering to corporate and external compliance frameworks and standards.
- Involvement in the deployment of business assurance and compliance approaches.
- Knowledge of a wide range of distribution, partnership and British Council Exams products, and their delivery and security needs.
- Good relationship and stakeholder management skills
- Professional qualification in related field
Method of Application
Note: Candidates must have the current legal right to live and work in Nigeria.
Interested and qualified? Go to British Council on careers.britishcouncil.org to apply
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love