Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Sigma Consult is a key player in business consulting and advisory services within Nigeria with focus on the healthcare industry. We bridge gaps between inputs and outputs thereby increasing the productivity of its clients.
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- A Midwife has a range of responsibilities, including the care of mother and baby, adhering to hospital policy and maintaining an awareness of issues such as health and safety.
- Diagnosing, monitoring and examining women during pregnancy;
- Developing, assessing and evaluating individual programs of care;
- Providing full antenatal care, including screening tests in the hospital, community and the home;
- Identifying high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists;
- Arranging and providing parenting and health education;
- Providing counseling and advice before and after screening and tests;
- Offering support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death;
- Supervising and assisting mothers in labour, monitoring the condition of the foetus and using knowledge of drugs and pain management;
- Giving support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds;
- Liaising with agencies and other health and social care professionals to ensure continuity of care;
- Engaging in professional development to meet PREP (post-registration education and practice) requirements;
- Participating in the training and supervision of junior colleagues.
- Strictly adhere to clinical guidelines and standard operating procedures set by the hospital management.
- Administer medications, monitor desirable and undesirable effects and intervene appropriately.
- Ensure that patients are provided with appropriate nutrition.
- Demonstrate required assessment and therapeutic skills.
- Analyse the assessment data, derive nursing interventions, set priorities according to patients’ needs, formulate a plan of care, implement and evaluate the outcome.
- Involve the patient, significant others, and health care providers in the plan of care when appropriate.
- The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- The candidate must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria as staff nurse (RN) / Midwife (RM).
- Applicant must have at least three (3) years experience in taking delivery and must possess a current practicing licence.
- Treat patients and families with care and respect while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Must have clinical experience in direct patient care.
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions.
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures.
- Outstanding organizational ability.
- A great team player with excellent communication skills.
- Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina
- Candidates should reside within ogba and its environs.
Education & Qualifications:
- Must be a Registered Midwife.
- At least 2 years work experience as a registered nurse
- Registered Midwifery program certificate
- Midwifery Certificate from the Nigerian Midwifery union
- Good critical thinking skills
- Clinical expertise and good judgment to manage the care of both mother and child
- Ability to function well on little sleep
- Ability to establish rapport with patients and families and work collaboratively on a professional and personal level.
- Must possess empathy and compassion
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in emergency situations.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love