Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Executive Assistant to the Director
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
- The Executive Assistant to the Director will provide high quality and responsive administrative and technical support services to the Director and ensure smooth management of day-to-day affairs as instructed.
- The Executive Assistant will be required to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the Director in the organization and execution of programs by reviewing papers and proposals, conducting research, and following up with actions on matters including chasing responses and triggering follow-up action
- Sources, investigates and clarifies technical documents, information and data, then produces accurate analysis and relevant figures required to make useful decisions for the Director
- Prepares relevant information for the Director such as draft reports, presentations, letters, memos, etc.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in relevant program areas and network with stakeholders relevant to the organization, in support of the Director.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgment letters, meeting minutes, personal correspondence, planning and organizing meetings, and other tasks that facilitate the Director’s ability to effectively lead the company.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Any other duties assigned by the Director.
The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. A Master’s degree is an added advantage. 6+ years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives.
- Experience in working in a similar position is required. Experience in a non-profit organization and/or health sector experience is an advantage
Skills and Knowledge:
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and time management
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board trustees, external partners and donors, etc.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite. Good data collection and analytical skills.
- Expert-level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and emotional maturity Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love