Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime
Heartland Alliance International in Nigeria works at the intersection of health and human rights, to provide HIV prevention and human rights protection services to most at-risk populations (MARPs), by sensitizing and building grassroots support organizations in the country.
Heartland Alliance International’s work in Nigeria builds on regional expertis…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Others
- Experience 3 – 5 years
- Location Cross River
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assess patients and their clinical requirements to work out which radiographic techniques to use.
- Perform a range of radiographic examinations on patients to produce high-quality images
- Take responsibility for radiation safety in the work area, including checking equipment for malfunctions and errors.
- Manage referrals to ensure patients receive a radiation dose as low as reasonably possible
- Supervise visiting staff and patients in radiation work areas.
- Help in more complex radiological examinations, working with doctors such as radiologists.
- Provide support and reassurance to patients, considering their physical and psychological needs.
- Supervise radiography and any other imaging support assistants.
- Keep up to date with health and safety guidelines, including ionizing radiation regulations, to protect oneself and others.
- Staying up to date with the latest industry development and technology.
- Ensure that the servicing of the machine whenever it is due.
- Keep a proper and complete documentations using the necessary data collection tools and reporting.
- And any other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A degree in Radiography and a practicing license from the board.
- Post Internship and NYSC.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to explain procedures to patients.
- A supportive and caring disposition with good soft skills.
- Good observation skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure.
- Organization and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work both as part of a healthcare team and independently.
- Confidence in using leading-edge technologies.
- A high level of emotional intelligence to manage the emotional and distressing situations you may encounter.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively;
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
- The employee will be required to work directly with populations that are vulnerable and at high risk of HIV and Human rights violation.
Method of Application
Learn how to get a job in any industry you want. Read 72 Hours to The Job You Love