ActionAid works with poor people in over 40 countries across the world. Our goal? To end poverty. We believe in doing things differently. We know that with the right opportunities, poor people will find their own solutions – and build new lives.
ActionAid Nigeria commenced programmatic operations in January 2000 after a Country appraisal which found poverty…
Read more about this company
Retention Support Volunteer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering  , NGO/Non-Profit
Responsible to: Supporter Services Advisor
Line Management: None
Duration: 1 year
Contract: Short Term
- The Retention Support Volunteer will be responsible for receiving inbound calls and making outbound call, follow up calls, conversion of ActionAid’s community sponsorship prospects and supporters.
- As a contact centre agent, s / he will be responsible for receiving calls in two languages; Hausa and English language, while also ensuring response to inquiries, managing mails, and engage with supporters via the chat engine and mobile phones.
- S / he will ensure the application of AAN policies and procedures in collaboration with the other members of the fundraising team. S / he will also manage the electronic documentation of data and donations.
- Support fundraising team with retention service
- Maintain good customer service skills in relating with prospects and supporters of ActionAid’s community sponsorship
- Ensure excellence in client service for inbound donation calls, outbound calls and other supporter calls and emails.
- Respond to all inquiries via e-mail, chat engine and call center facility
- Respond to queries and challenges with payment process and escalate same for quick resolution
- Information / complaints follow-ups and monitoring for a timely resolution.
- Archive all data received from prospects and supporters
- Archive testimonials from supporters
- Responsible for chatting professionally with prospects and supporters
- Schedule and make outbound calls following prepared scripts
- Follow up on supporters and prospects for donation
- Support donation process and any other funds received including gifts in kind, receipting and banking on a daily basis
Education / Qualifications:
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts / Development Studies or related fields is essential
- Relevant NYSC programme support experience in customer service is essential
- Experience working in NGO on a similar role is desirable
Skill / Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak Hausa
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong organizing and reporting skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as a single document in an MSWord attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org Only electronically submitted forms will be considered.
Click Here For More Information
- Subject line of emails must clearly state Job Title of position and location applied for e.g. Retention Support Volunteer – Abuja
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.