Islamic Relief France (SIF) believes in a benevolent world where basic needs of vulnerable people are met.
Islamic Relief France dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor in France and worldwide. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs required by the mobilization of emergency relief and the implementation of development …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Line Manager: ADMIN. Co.
Line Manager + 1: HOM
Location: Based in Maiduguri with visits
Duration of contract: 6 months (with to project locations possible extension)
Expected hiring date: ASAP
CONTEXT & BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
The eight-year conflict in Nigeria’s northeast has created a deepening humanitarian crisis. Boko Haram violence and military operations continue to affect millions of people across the region. Nearly 1.9 million people have been forced to flee their homes; more than half of these people are children. Despite massive funding deficits and challenging humanitarian access in some areas, mainly in Borno State, humanitarian partners have scaled up efforts to assist 6.9 million of the most vulnerable people. From January until end of February this year, at least 1.9 million people received life-saving assistance. The key figures are:
- 6.1 million people are in need of protection assistance
- 5.1 million people are food insecure
- 3.4 million people need nutrition assistance
- 2.9 million people need education support
- 2.3 million people are in need of emergency shelter and NFI
- 3.6 million people need WASH services
More than 50,000 people risk famine in Nigeria’s north-eastern Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states between June and August. Some 5.2 million people are projected to suffer severe food scarcity, a third of them will face “emergency” levels of hunger.
SCOPE OF WORK
- The role of the Finance Officer involves providing financial and administrative support to Senior Management Team, colleagues and others where applicable.
- Finance Officer job description should highlight the need for candidates who are focused on outcomes, excellent problem solvers and strong communicators.
- The Finance Officer responsible for maintaining sound financial and accounting systems and controls for SIF Nigeria. The role entails performing day to day financial accounting tasks including, but not limited to: processing payments, filing and document retrieval, providing data for report preparation, budgeting, financial accounting and reporting of assigned grants.
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
Accountancy and Financial Management
- Masters /Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance, Banking and Finance and Cooperative
- Professional Certificate in Accounting / Bookkeeping;
- 3 years of professional experience in finance/admin position, preferably in INGO;
- Good working knowledge of computer packages, including MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, Outlook, SAGA systems accounting package and others);
- Good English (spoken and written Plus Understanding of local Language in Borno State)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Stress tolerance, Team Player, Working in a multi-cultural set-up;
- Attention to detail, Proactive and reliable, Able to work with limited supervision;
- Indigenes of Borno State are encouraged to apply.
The position is based in Based in Maiduguri with frequent visits to project locations
Method of Application
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV + a cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email
Mandatory: The email subject line should be marked: “SIF Nigeria – Finance Officer”.