Cedarcrest Hospitals / Cedarcrest Orthopaedic Clinics Ltd is a modern specialist medical care centre located in the heart of Abuja, Nigeria’s blossoming capital. It was established in January 2008 with the aim of providing a high standard of local healthcare that is comparable with what obtains in other more developed parts of the world.
The centre st…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Consultancy  , Medical / Healthcare
- The Cardiologist who reports to the Executive Director/Head of Medicine is responsible for the management of general medical patients and specifically for cardiovascular patients.
- The incumbent will be responsible for diagnosing, treating, and preventing heart and/or cardiovascular conditions through non-invasive procedures or, when necessary, surgical intervention.
- Evaluating and managing cardiac and its associated disorders.
- Referring patients to surgeons as appropriate
- Evaluating and managing general medical cases.
- Recommending and administering other services as required
- Run clinics, manage emergency and admitted patients
- Perform procedures like echocardiograms, stress test, holter tests etc
- Able to organise and coordinate the function of the cardiac suite while also assisting in the running of the cardiac catheterization laboratory
- Able to appropriately prescribe the best modality of intervention as required
- Advise and assist with interventional cardiology and cardiac surgeries when needed
- Monitor patient progress pre and post-procedure
- Understudy with the interventional cardiologist with the goal of becoming proficient in these procedures
- Liaise with medical professionals in the community and hospitals
- Run clinics, manage emergencies and admitted patients
- Administrative and audit duties
- Research and education/training
- Pursue ongoing and continuing education to stay on top of the latest research findings
- Other duties as may be required from time to time
- Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS) registered with MDCN with a valid practicing license.
- Fellow of National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or the West African College of physician or its equivalent with sub specialization in cardiology
- Years of practicing as a Cardiologist
- Extensive knowledge of modern cardiology practices and technology
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Caring and compassionate bedside manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills Organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent decision-making skills and communication.
- Outstanding practical and diagnostic skills.
- Great team work spirit, management and leadership skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- The employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.