Islamic Relief France (SIF) believes in a benevolent world where basic needs of vulnerable people are met.
Islamic Relief France dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor in France and worldwide. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs required by the mobilization of emergency relief and the implementation of development …
Read more about this company
- Job Type Contract , Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Line Manager: FINANCE OFFICER
Line Manager + 1 : ADMIN. Co.
Location: Based in Maiduguri with visits
Duration of contract: 6 month (with to project locations possible extension)
Expected hiring date: ASAP
CONTEXT & BACKGROUND
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intends to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
The eight-year conflict in Nigeria’s northeast has created a deepening humanitarian crisis. Boko Haram violence and military operations continue to affect millions of people across the region. Nearly 1.9 million people have been forced to flee their homes; more than half of these people are children. Despite massive funding deficits and challenging humanitarian access in some areas, mainly in Borno State, humanitarian partners have scaled up efforts to assist 6.9 million of the most vulnerable people. From January until end of February this year, at least 1.9 million people received life-saving assistance. The key figures are:
- 6.1 million people are in need of protection assistance
- 5.1 million people are food insecure
- 3.4 million people need nutrition assistance
- 2.9 million people need education support
- 2.3 million people are in need of emergency shelter and NFI
- 3.6 million people need WASH services
More than 50,000 people risk famine in Nigeria’s north-eastern Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states between June and August. Some 5.2 million people are projected to suffer severe food scarcity, a third of them will face “emergency” levels of hunger.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of Admin Officer, Admin Assistant will be required to assist and support in Cash box management of Coordination Office, administration/management of National and Expatriate Human Resources and implementation of Human Resource systems in compliance with SIF and donor rules and procedures
ROLE IN THE ORGANIZATION
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Economics, Cooperative, Accounting, or Finance.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role (INGO/Private Sector)
- Self-driven, motivated and results oriented person.
- Analytical, accurate and able to multi task.
- Passionate about the humanitarian context and serving the poorest of the poor
- Ability to produce quality work and decisions under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Exemplary skills in all basic Computer software – MS word, Excel, Power point, spread sheets etc.
- Very good communication skills and team player.
- A good mastery of written and spoken English language
- Acceptance of diverse cultures and religion
- Indigens of Borno State are strongly advised to apply.
The position is based in Based in Maiduguri with frequent visits to project locations
Method of Application
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV + a cover letter (including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email
Mandatory: The email subject line should be marked: “SIF Nigeria – Admin Assistant”.